WAG Uncharacteristic Hurdle Problems

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Recently I have been having an off period in gymnastics. I have been busy with the end of school, finals, etc and its made focusing on gymnastics difficult.

I have been under rotating my twists on floor, falling on my turn on beam, and struggling with my pak salto.

But nothing is more annoying then my vault problem. It came out of nowhere too!

Suddenly I cannot hurdle straight into my yurchenko vault when I decide to go backwards. I started flipping the yurchenko fairly recently. I still start with the roundoff up to the vault table. It is perfectly straight. Then I do a yurchenko repulsion, then I flip it. However, I cannot do my yurchenko straight when I go back. Once I stop thinking about going straight, I go crooked on the vault for my hurdle.

How do you hurdle straight even when you decide to go back or flip it? I never have struggled with this before. I believe I just struggle with the cross step/ open hands.

You would have to ask your coach.

If I was going to guess... I would say that you are ending too close to the table and that is forcing you crooked.

You would have to ask your coach.

If I was going to guess... I would say that you are ending too close to the table and that is forcing you crooked.
I figured it has to be fixed in person, but any ideas help. I might try one measurement back and see whether it helps. I did recently change my starting point so that may be it. Thank you!

Reactions: JBS

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back