Parents Undefeated Season!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have to agree with all of the above comments, I would be VERY disappointed and frustrated if my DD had gotten the score required to make it to regionals but was not able to go. For our gym it's been this way for as long as anyone can remember, so the gymnasts know going into state that they won't go to regionals unless they make the super 8 team (I believe that our gym has made an exception when regionals are held in our area, then they will take all the girls that qualify). I also believe that only the levels 8-10 can qualify to regionals, can the lower levels qualify for regionals in other regions?? And yes, 3 of the 4 girls that made the super 8 team from our gym are part of the elite training group, but the girls haven't competed any elite meets yet or really even started training elite. The elite training will start full force this summer.
I noticed in one of your posts you said you were from MN, I am also from MN. They actually just started this year doing regionals for L6 & L7! It's exciting but at the same time, I would prefer to have regionals only for L8-L10. I don't see much of a point for lower levels. Just another meet on top of state and the extra cost is just too much for me right now. I do expect to pay more when they reach the higher levels though.
What do you mean your daughter is part of the elite training group? Do they pick certain girls to train harder than others? I am from a smaller gym and don't understand this since all the optional girls are always training together.

I noticed in one of your posts you said you were from MN, I am also from MN. They actually just started this year doing regionals for L6 & L7! It's exciting but at the same time, I would prefer to have regionals only for L8-L10. I don't see much of a point for lower levels. Just another meet on top of state and the extra cost is just too much for me right now. I do expect to pay more when they reach the higher levels though.
What do you mean your daughter is part of the elite training group? Do they pick certain girls to train harder than others? I am from a smaller gym and don't understand this since all the optional girls are always training together.
A couple of years ago our gym started up the TOPS program again and we had a few girls age out of TOPS and our coaches thought that they had a lot of potential so decided to start training them elite. They will begin training an additional 5 hours in the summer (2.5 hours on Tuesday and Thursday), on top of the normal training hours. The goal is to get them qualified for HOPES (which is the pre-elite system, sort of the next step up from TOPS) and also to hopefully get them all invited to an invitational or developmental camp at the ranch (one girl has already been invited to developmental camp in June). What level is your DD? Wonder if we've ever been to the same meets?? Gymnastics is a small world isn't it?!?!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back