Parents Underarm odor advice needed

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Haven’t had to do it on a Leo, but for ballet costumes (we are talking adults, some male, some sweating profusely) we always use straight vodka in a spray bottle. These costumes do NOT get washed during a run of a production (like 7-15days of shows). This helped odor tremendously.
This. Believe it or not, it really works. It also works when your dog has a hot spot on his foot and you have tried EVERYTHING under the sun for him to stop licking it....:rolleyes:

especially in this particular leo with sleeves that don't seem to breathe due to the lining/backing in the armpits.

hey look at this, it probably is the leo and not your kid: https://www.npr.org/sections/health...hirt-bacteria-love-polyester-in-a-special-way

FYI I have always washed my sons gym uniforms in the washer on gentle and hang dry. Most of us boy moms do this and it is no problem. Too many pieces to hand wash it all. On the other hand, we do not have sequins to worry about. A lingerie bag is a good idea.

Because my sons get rashes from regular deodorants, they have to use Toms. So the routine is to shower and immediately put it on, even at night, then again in AM and again before gym practice. Also I know it sounds stupid, but I did have to make sure my kids were really washing correctly and applying the deodorant correctly because they are so rush rush with grooming they were missing spots.

Small amount of white vinegar will do the trick. Let it soak for a few minutes. Only thing that got the stink out of ours. We have white part of Leo and there were no adverse effects to the white.

I use a product called Bac-Out from BioKleen. It has a pleasant lime scent, and is essentially enzymes that eat organic matter. I put a squirt into my laundry containing a lot of polyester and/or sweaty, funky clothing. In addition, I use a small amount of straight white vinegar in a downy ball as a fabric softener (rinse agent). This helps immensely. That said, I do hand wash her leos - the wash routine is more for her brother's soccer clothing right now, but I'm assuming as she ages and begins to stink more I will need to do it for leos as well.

For odors, I recommend using a product called SweatXSport it's an "Xtreme Sportswear Detergent". I was comp leos by themself inside out in a lingerie bag in cold water with a capful (or less) and it works perfectly. I also wash practice leos in it, but I wash those in big batches - with multiple leos in each bag. I'm super picky about how the leos look and have never had one fade or become discolored - except the one time my husband put one in the dryer :( It's probably available online, but I get mine at our local running store - Dick's and other sporting goods stores sometimes have it. It also works for regular workout clothes for other family members.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back