WAG Underwear Under Leotards? Teens

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymk8nyc

Gymnast
Do most teen gymnasts wear underwear under their leotards? I'm 17 and I never wear underwear under my leotards. But I have some leotards, mostly the GK Elite GymTech leos that are so thin that when I put my eyes against the fabric I see right through it. When I wear these leos I usually wear shorts over.

So my questions are:
Do most teens wear underwear with leotards?
How do you determine whether or not the leotard is thick and tight enough to go without?
What brands sells leotards that are thick enough to not wear underwear with?
And does anyone have experience with the GymTech leos from GK? How do you wear these?

I think you should do whatever makes you comfortable. In the UK most of the quality brands include a gusset in the leotard and we were very surprised to find that at top prices GK don't. White leos should be lined to be not see through, but basically you can only tell by putting it on and seeing if you are comfortable.

Reactions: sce
My daughter does not. She wears panty liners in her leos

I think it depends entirely on the individual and their preferences.

Our girls usually wear shorts at practice. At meets, the competition rules allow underwear that matches the leo (no deduction) so I let the gymnasts and their parents decide what they feel most comfortable with.
I used to coach a Muslim girl a couple years back whose parents were not comfortable with her competing in anything less than leggings that covered her knees so that's what she wore, no big deal.

Reactions: sce
I think you should do whatever makes you comfortable. In the UK most of the quality brands include a gusset in the leotard and we were very surprised to find that at top prices GK don't. White leos should be lined to be not see through, but basically you can only tell by putting it on and seeing if you are comfortable.
What brands? I'd love to try one of these out.

My dd had a plum practicewear leotard that had a nude color gusset in it. It was also a thicker material than any of the GK leos that she's owned over the years. She only had one but loved it and wants another. It was a pale pink so I'm not sure if the gussets are in all of their leos.

My dd had a plum practicewear leotard that had a nude color gusset in it. It was also a thicker material than any of the GK leos that she's owned over the years. She only had one but loved it and wants another. It was a pale pink so I'm not sure if the gussets are in all of their leos.
I’ve had my eye on Plum for a while. I’ll definitely try one out. Thanks!

What brands? I'd love to try one of these out.

Basically any British Brand. It's just standard. We've got an odd leo made cheaply by a WAHP that hasn't, but otherwise everything else just does.

But if you want to get trying British brands, the obvious few to start with are:

Quatro
Milano
Little Stars
Zone
Pink Leisurewear
Rocsa

(All wash well and have a gusset :) )

It is a requirement at our gym. I always got them from GK so they would be appropriately cut for the leos.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back