WAG Underwear with leos?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

2G1B

Proud Parent
DD's coaches say that they want the girls wearing underwear for competitions. DD hates to wear underwear with a leo. HATES IT. We did it last year for competitions because they had white leos. This year they have dark leos though, so DD had thought she would be fine not to wear them.

Do your kids wear underwear under their leos? For practice? For competitions? Honestly, it drives me nuts that I can see the underwear peaking out for nearly any girl wearing it!

My older daughter does competative dance and its a huge no-no in that world... My gymnast daughter does not wear them now (probably because she did dance up until this year where we can't fit it in anymore!) but I'm not sure what they'll say about competitions...Last year she was on the pre-team and they were fine with her not wearing them, but I'm not sure about the team rules yet! I'll let you know.

DD's coaches say that they want the girls wearing underwear for competitions. DD hates to wear underwear with a leo. HATES IT. We did it last year for competitions because they had white leos. This year they have dark leos though, so DD had thought she would be fine not to wear them.

Do your kids wear underwear under their leos? For practice? For competitions? Honestly, it drives me nuts that I can see the underwear peaking out for nearly any girl wearing it!
Our girls always wear underwear for practice but with gym shorts over so no visible knickers ; in comp underwear is not worn

My DD does not....she's never had a light colored competition leotard though. The older girls wore them last year, but youngers didn't seem to.

Our older girls wear undies and shorts during practice during their periods. Our younger girls never do. Older girls wear them during competitions too if needed.

My dd wears the Justice "So Soft" underwear under her comp leo and has never had a problem with them showing. They come in nude, black and white. Dd says she doesn't even feel them.

It's hit or miss whether or not she wears undies during practice. Depends on the leo.

It might not be my place but just wanted to remind everyone that these kind of threads can attract the wrong kind of people. I deleted a post after I realized that some perv might get a charge from it.

It might not be my place but just wanted to remind everyone that these kind of threads can attract the wrong kind of people. I deleted a post after I realized that some perv might get a charge from it.

Honestly, I considered that before posting; but decided I wanted advice and honestly, if some perv will get jollies from this then there isn't much to be done about it. It is pretty common knowledge that dancers and many gymnasts don't wear underwear under what is basically a swim suit.

I need to check out justice again. We got some there last year; but did no longer likes the ones we have. Ugh. Kids!

Our gym requires underwear for meets AND practice. They sell GK briefs at the gym they must wear for meets. For practice, DD wears string bikinis or very high cut panties.

I did when we had a very light colored leo then I switched to just wearing a nude dance leo under it. The nude dance leo was cut a lot higher so it never showed. I always found that the GK type ones always showed after I did any type of gymnastics so they were not good.

I only started wearing underwear last year when I was 13. I wear the GK nude undies. For training I have always worn underwear and shorts! I hate the feeling of no underwear.

At our gym its up to each girl. Some of the compulsory girls wear underwear but, none of the optionals do at practice or competition.

DD wears the Justice so soft undies for meets only. They have never shown. I do remove the little bows on the sides for a smoother look.

I've danced professionally and I still always wear underwear - I've never understood the aversion, as long as it isn't hanging out you should wear whatever you want! And I particularly don't like the idea of being in only a gymnastics leotard with no underwear, knowing that leotards can and do move wherever they want at the most inopportune moment.

These are my favourite for gymnastics: http://www.movedancewear.com/dance_underwear-capezio_brief/285/
For some reason, they, never quite line up with dance leotards, but seem to be spot-on for gym ones.

Some people do some people don't. The gym sells GK briefs that match the comp. leotard and if you want to wear underwear you can only wear those. For practice I have no clue about the older girls because they also wear shorts but the little kids do it all the time, saggy dora the explorer undies hanging out all over! Drive me nuts! I think of it like a swimsuit, why would you wear underwear? If anything I really wish they would wear shorts over.

It's up to us if we want to, except during competitions. Then its required just in case the leotard rides up. During practice we always wear shorts, so it's not a problem. I always wear some, I didn't used to, but I do now.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back