Parents Update - First Meet! It looks like it’s really going to happen

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I did meet hair for years before dd really wanted me to do a bun - she was a level 7 by that time. I thought it was successful but noticed the coaches kept messing with it. Finally when she was next up on floor she came running over to me yanking bobby pins out telling me I needed to redo it! As the girl before her's music started ! We yanked bobby pins and pony tails out for what seemed like forever and finally I put it into a ponytail and quickly did a messy bun (too long for just a pony) and wrapped the scrunchy around for the last time as the music ended for the girl before her. Boy did I need a drink after that! But she stepped onto the floor and won 1st place, so that adrenaline stressed me out but fired her up. Sheesh! We have never done a bun in her hair since, but I do them successfully for my younger dd every meet and we have never had trouble. I think it is her hair - it can't possibly be that it was my first time doing a bun LOL.

So glad your dd's first ever meet went so well. Really fun to hear your recap.

Just an FYI, beam must be between 100 and 125 cm for JO and Xcel. Some beams are made to adjust even lower(down to 65 or 70 cm), and didn't want someone getting to a meet expecting to be able to put it lower than 100.
That was what i meant by adjustable and mounting blocks, if needed. ;)

C32AC442-89B4-4A3E-8CFA-A308B07DF2F5.png
Just an FYI, beam must be between 100 and 125 cm for JO and Xcel. Some beams are made to adjust even lower(down to 65 or 70 cm), and didn't want someone getting to a meet expecting to be able to put it lower than 100.
Apparently for IGC Copper and Bronze it can be any height? Who knew?!

Used to be this way for Xcel too, something like “equipment can be adjusted to any height manufactured to safely allow”. But they’ve move towards making the JO and Xcel rules more similar.
Which makes sense. Also I think it makes sense for them to have so much flexibility for Copper (L1/2/3ish) but I’m kind of surprised that any height is also allowable for Bronze (L4/5ish). And I can’t imagine anyone actually wanting it higher than 125? Every IGC meet I’ve seen so far the beam heights look very standard at quick glance.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back