Parents Update-Missing school for gym

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Well, I re-read the "missing school for gym" thread a few times, and decided to take action. The staff are back this week, so I called, hoping to avoid the frustration of trying to reach them during the crazy 1st week chaos!

I called yesterday, but had to leave a VM for the principal. When I hadn't heard back by noon today, I started getting anxious, and assumed I was going to be shot down:rolleyes:

So I called again, and spoke to the secretary (wonderful woman!!!) She let me know that the Principal doesn't need to meet with me at all, and there's nothing to discuss. As per our secretary, Bean's Academic record paved the way for her, and the Principal supports her completely! Bean will be responsible for work missed while away (of course) but there is no other concern, and no letter from the coach needed:D

Thank you all for your ideas and support!

Wow, that's awesome! How nice they are so flexible, and good for Bean for her academic track record! Keep up the good work, and enjoy the quiet gym time!

That is great news. You must be so proud of Bean for being a great gymast as well as a great student. She sure is special...

Sean

Woohoo!! Glad that it worked out so well for you. Sometimes we can be surprised by how supportive others outside the sport can be. I'm glad that your school district is understanding and you had such an easy time dealing with them. That's one less thing to stress about, lol

Yay! Glad to hear it all worked out. Overheard some parents here talking about similar issues and the schools were not supportive.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back