Parents Update on Emily and Madison:) Madi is going to be a

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

level 4 so it seems at least right now. I can't believe it.
I ran into a dilemma with Madi's level 3 practice times because I got a full time job and there was no way I could take her during the day anymore and the level 4s and level 5s practice in the evenings still so I asked if for the rest of the summer that Madison could work out with the 4s till the 3s moved back to evening practices. They approved it and well 2 weeks later... They are inviting her to stay in level 4 for the rest of the time but final decisions aren't made until late August so we won't know till then for sure.
She is doing awesome. She got her backhandspring down a cheese mat by herself and her bars and form look great. I am so proud of her.
Anyway, Emily is doing fab as well.
She is pretty much consistently doing straight arms kips, decent tap swings and great form.
Her cartwheels on beam are very consistent now and she is working level 6 and 7 such as free hips, robhsbt, cast to handstands, front sole circles, punch fronts and punch fronts with a 1/2 twist on the tumble track, back walkovers on low beam and backhandspring stepouts on tape lines on the floor.
Our level five team is deep in really good girls:) This is going to be a good year for them.
I can't believe I am possibly having a level 4 and level 5 gymnast this year. Can you say I better do awesome in fundraising this year???

Last edited:
Melmonette, that is awesome, little Madi has come along so quickly, she must be feeling very grown up. I am sure Emily will have a great level 5 season she was such a lovely level 4. How is the new job?

Good for the girls, isn't summer fun!!! My dd is having soooooo much fun working the new skills too. It's wonderful that both girls will be competing this year, do you pay your commitment by child or by family? At our gym it is by family, makes me wish I had more children competing, but it worked out well for the family that had 4 girls competing one year. They still had to deal with different meets by level on the same weekend. Now they have 2 competing in college(same school), one level 8?9 and one level 7. Whenever I feel stressed I think about what it must be like for them.

Anyway WAY TO GO and enjoy the rest of the summer session!

Thats fantastic! Congratulations to both your daughters who sound like they are making great progress.

How exciting - sound like they are both having a great summer !!

Great job girls!

I'll bet meets will be crazy when it comes to doing two heads of hair, LOL! Sounds like your girls are having a great time. :)

Thank you everyone:)
I am so sorry I haven't been around much. I promise I will try to be around a bit more by the time everyone starts competing..
Having a new job which is going good by the way:) Has been very taxing on my internet life:) hee hee... Plus gymnastics and Swim meets have been killing me:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back