Parents Update on Meets and Beetle

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey everyone,

Sorry I have been absent for a while, time seems to be getting away from me! Beetle had a meet last weekend. She did well. It was a small meet and that was really nice after our meet last meet (Chicago Style).

First up was floor.. in the past 2 weeks there has been some mental struggle with her coach. Beetle competed a 1 1/2 twist in Chicago, and a Punch, Front Hand Front Tuck. And another double salto pass. Oh and they put a new turn in her floor routine.. well by the end of the first off week, Beetle was not doing her new front pass and couldnt do her new turn without falling on her face (Btw - I asked her, How does that happen? How can you do a Full and a Half twist and stand it up but yet fall on a double turn? I dont get it LOL) She was frustrated her second coach was asking her why are you doing those skills you are only going to get lower scores.. It seemed to be a little bit of a power struggle because her primary coach likes the girls to push the envelope of skills, but after the end of the first week her coach completely watered down her floor routine, A full twist a front hand front tuck. back to her old turn...

I guess it worked well she did a nice routine got a 9.2 on floor - Tied for 6th! HOO HOO

Vault - she has been so consistent with the half on half off.. and scored the same as in her Last meet. 8.35. I am not sure how much higher we will get out of it.. the vault is only a 9.1 SV

Bars... oh my .. bars again.. poor kiddo struggled ALL WEEK on her pirouettes AGAIN! SO much that she did a total of only 2 on Tuesday... and had a private lesson on Wednesday, in an hour and a half she did only 3 pirouettes.. she would cast up beautifully and stop in handstand.. she just did not push her shoulders over the bar enough.. but she did one in compeition! and scored a season high of 8.35 on bars.

Beam.. Her main goal was to connect flight and not fall LOL... Well one judge gave her connection and the other didnt..8.575.. she did place 10th...

She got a season high AA score of 34.45...

Now this week we are off to a BIG Meet - event finals are possible at this meet. She wants to make them. I hope she does but only 8 kids out of 75? I just hope she has fun and is proud of herself...

Wow - sounds like Beetle is doing great. I think that sometimes they fall on the easier skill because they don't think about it as much. Maybe.

Only 8 out of 75!!!!!!! Good Luck Beetle. Be sure to keep us posted.

SOunds like she has made some progress which is wonderful. Good luck for that meet, but oh that is a lot of girls.

How confusing for her on floor. And she still pulled off a great routine and score!! Sounds like she is doing great. Hope she has fun at her next meet. Those are some tough odds, but hopefully she can get into an event final!

Thanks for the update on Beetle, I was wondering how she was doing. There are a couple of girls at dd's gym that were having a horrible time hitting the pirouette consistently - know what they did, they canned the pirouette and had them put in a hecht to high bar. The girls are hitting the routines much more solidly and are also scoring really well. Maybe this is an option that Beetle could take.

Bummer about floor and the watering down of the skills, but as you said it did score well, so you can't really complain.

GL this weekend and I hope that Beetle qualifies for an event - that would be pretty cool!

Thanks for update on Beetle. She must be working so hard! I know what you mean about the girls being stuck in the middle, when 2 coaches have different philosophies. It's so frustrating to the gymmies! They're pulled between doing what they know thay can nail & stretching themselves. It's so physically & mentally stressful for them! Congrats on her season high AA score! And good luck this weekend! Hope she qualifies for an event final!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back