Update on my "retired" gymnast :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi all! I wanted to give an update on Dani and what she has been up to the past year. Dani officially quit gym in October 2011 and has been dancing non-stop since then. In May she performed in her ballet studio's production of The Wizard of Oz. She had a blast! It was a small cast so many of the kids have quite a few parts. A few of Dani's favorite roles were Munchkin Witch (her pointe solo), School Children, Tornado scene (a modern/contemporary piece), Monkeys, and Trees (she got to throw fabric apples at the characters).

Her other studio where she takes jazz and lyrical had their end of the year recital earlier this month. That was very fun to watch and I was very impressed with the talent of these kids! Dani did very well in her lyrical, jazz and ballet routines. Man--she has come a long way since September! She also auditioned for competition dance team and made dance team for 2012-2013!!! She is very excited to be on a "team" again and is excited for the competitions to start.

She will still be keeping up with her ballet and pointe at the other studio and wants to still do the performances--Nutcracker season is right around the corner!! LOL.

So, while she has retired from gymnastics, she is still very busy (more so I would say) and loving it!! And, I guess I can say, that I am officially a "dance mom" to a "bunhead"!!!! LOL. Has anyone been watching any of the dance shows??? It seems like there are so many cropping up nowadays! Dance Moms Miami was nuts!!!!

that is brilliant that she has found another activity that she obviously loves!
i am embarrassed to admit i love watching dance moms but is the team mom craziness real?
i think season 3 of dance moms is horrible.
so mean!
Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I think most of the drama on those dance shows is totally scripted. There are some over-the-top competitive people everywhere but some of these people would totally get arrested or kicked out in the "real world".

So great to hear that Dani is thriving in dance - she really found her niche, huh? :) How wonderful! I have been watching the dance shows and it always brings me a reality check when I think the mama drama is bad at our gym! LOL

Glad to hear she's having so much fun!!!! I miss watching her gymnastics videos and seeing her beautiful smile after each of her routines, but it's great to know that she has found a new activity she loves so much!!!!

I've always wondered if Dance Moms is scripted too. This season seems to be the worst yet, and like a train wreck I can't look away. Competitive dance does look really fun though...Congratulations to your daughter for making the team!

I totally agree with Mdgymnmom01. For those of you who watch make it or break it, my friend(non-gymnast) loves that show and said that the gymnasts try to poison each other and make each other mess-up. Most of the gymnasts I know, even the girls I meet from opposing teams at competitions, they are really nice. In my opinion, as a gymnast, I don't wish for other girls to fall, or get hurt, I want them to finish their routines, but I want to have a greater score. Don't take that last sentence the wrong way.:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back