Parents Updated website

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

As promised I put the films on Talitha's website so you can her exercises of today. They really aren't too good, but I wanted to show them anyway. The link to her website again is:

www.freewebs.com/talithasgymnastics

Please leave a message in her guestbook, she really can use some uplifting words, she is very disappointed in herself.

Thanks for sharing the website with us. WOW, I can see how much she's improved since the last time you posted a video! She's got such nice long legs & pointed toes! Those other gymnasts better watch out next time. I posted a little note too.

My daughter is competing this year for the first time and also it's the first time she had to deal with nerves & doing those routines in front of a gazillion eyes. Let's not forget the clapping, cheering and even yelling that goes on while other girls are on other events. I'll be honest, I don't think I could do what my daughter or anyone's daughter could do at a meet with that pressure, LOL! So, it can be frustrating for them to know the routine and know they have done it well at practice only to get to a meet and in that one minute, not get a great score. Thankfully my daughter doesn't understand the scores quite yet, but watching the video from the first time and then the last time even she can see how she has improved.

Just left a message also. Is the music for her floor routine picked out for her or is it the same for everyone at that level?

Thanks for sharing the website with us. WOW, I can see how much she's improved since the last time you posted a video! She's got such nice long legs & pointed toes! Those other gymnasts better watch out next time. I posted a little note too.

My daughter is competing this year for the first time and also it's the first time she had to deal with nerves & doing those routines in front of a gazillion eyes. Let's not forget the clapping, cheering and even yelling that goes on while other girls are on other events. I'll be honest, I don't think I could do what my daughter or anyone's daughter could do at a meet with that pressure, LOL! So, it can be frustrating for them to know the routine and know they have done it well at practice only to get to a meet and in that one minute, not get a great score. Thankfully my daughter doesn't understand the scores quite yet, but watching the video from the first time and then the last time even she can see how she has improved.

Talitha sure has improved from last year and of course a few things were new. Vault was over the official vault table now, FX was on music for the first time. So, I don't think that helped.

But you are right, she does the pointed toes and all that quite well. So, that is something she won't have to work on, she will be working on the elements, she has about 2 months.

I kow what you mean with the pressure. I don't think I could cope with it either. There isn't super much noise when our girls are competing. There is some clapping, but no shouting names and all that. I guess that is not a Dutch thing in the non top gymnastics.

How did your daughter do in her competition? And does she have any more? Do you have films of her on youtube? Would love to see her.

Just left a message also. Is the music for her floor routine picked out for her or is it the same for everyone at that level?

Thanks for signing. This year her floor is compulsary, so every girl on that level and age do the same. So we heard her music 18 times this time. It actually isn't an annoying tune, quite like it. The exercise is also exactly the same.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back