WAG US Classic

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

jennyj

Proud Parent
If a newly qualified elite competes in the US Classic can she also compete as level 10 in the following season?

She can only compete in Meets with "open" division, unless she petitions and drops back to L10.

Reactions: sce
Anyone on here going to the meet?
I'm surprising my daughter with a trip to Chicago to take her to the HOPES championship!! Her head coaches are both going and they thought it would be a great idea if she went also, to get an idea of what a HOPES championship is like and what sort of skills are being shown. We are going to fly down on Thursday, go to just the HOPES championship on Friday afternoon and then fly home early Saturday.

I just realized we'll be on vacation in the area that weekend. Eek! Is the Senior session pretty stacked (I haven't seen the roster)? Wondering if dd would prefer to see the Seniors (are there many big names?) or if she would think it's more fun to see the Juniors (closer to her age).

I wish I could make it!!! I had promised DD last year that if our gymmie made it, we would go. Alas, we will be on vacation.
Hopefully next year!

Woah, congrats @Sidnito and your daughter! That's incredible!

As for the original question, no, she can't compete normal Level 10. To compete at the US Classic, you must be either a junior or senior elite. I believe at some meets there are "open" divisions for those girls, though. Petitions are also possible, and often used by girls who drop back down after realising elite isn't for them and want to prepare for college (or just have fun).

I wish we had so many high-level meets in Australia. I was *this close* to going to the Melbourne World Cup, but the only gymnast I really wanted to see there was Sanne Wevers. Turns out Liu Tingting is a superstar in the making, and I missed out. Oh well. I'm saving up for Tokyo 2020 :p

I hope everyone who's going to the Classic, as a competitor or a spectator, has loads of fun!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back