US college names and titles

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnut1

I am trying to watch more of the college gymnastics this year. Can someone help me out with the following

What do these levels/ years mean?
Freshman - Im guessing first year at uni
Junior
Sophomore
Senior

Also I get confused with teams being referred to by nicknames. Can you tie them up with their college names for me. Thanks!

I know
Georgia gymdogs
Utah utes
Florida Gators
UCLA Bruins?

Beavers?

It would help me so much!:rolleyes:

The first part of your post--those are the names for the first/second/third/fourth years of college (or university). The same names are also used for the same years in high school too, fwiw.
Freshman-first year
Sophomore--second year
Junior--third year
Senior--fourth year

As far as the college mascots go, I'm not sure of all of them off the top of my head. Try checking out the websites for the schools.

I wondered that but we only have 3 years at uni so I was confused. Thanks

yeah the freshman sophomore juinor senior, and they nicknames are their mascots. i have alabams competition leos. the red and white? or balck with swirly one with no sparkles though

I think the Beavers are from Oregon State (OSU)... looks like they're having a pretty good season so far

Yes, its the Oregon State Beavers. School colors are black and orange although I saw 1 meet leo that was more black/silver. Right now they're ranked 5th in the nation--beat Stanford last week.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back