Gold Membership
Proud Parent

• Floor exercise: Yoder, Van Wicklen, Moldauer, Mikulak
    Pommel horse: Modi, Moldauer, Yoder, Mikulak,
    Still rings: Modi, Yoder, Moldauer, Mikulak,
    Vault: Modi, Moldauer, Van Wicklen, Mikulak,
    Parallel bars: Modi, Yoder, Moldauer, Mikulak,
    Horizontal bar: Moldauer, Van Wicklen, Modi, Mikulak,

Van Wicklen on floor was a bit of a shock to me, but I assume it is due to Modi's injury, whatever that may be.

Thoughts?

Don't know about VanWicklen, but I am happy to see Yoder on 4/6!
He is the only one I have seen live and I really liked it :)

• Floor exercise: Yoder, Van Wicklen, Moldauer, Mikulak
    Pommel horse: Modi, Moldauer, Yoder, Mikulak,
    Still rings: Modi, Yoder, Moldauer, Mikulak,
    Vault: Modi, Moldauer, Van Wicklen, Mikulak,
    Parallel bars: Modi, Yoder, Moldauer, Mikulak,
    Horizontal bar: Moldauer, Van Wicklen, Modi, Mikulak,
Van Wicklen on floor was a bit of a shock to me, but I assume it is due to Modi's injury, whatever that may be.

Thoughts?
I was surprised at this as well. Everything else makes sense to me, but I think Akash's floor set is definitely better than Colin's. Strange how Akash can vault with his injury, but not compete floor, right? Either way, I'm just glad Akash finally gets to compete at Worlds!!!

I was surprised at this as well. Everything else makes sense to me, but I think Akash's floor set is definitely better than Colin's. Strange how Akash can vault with his injury, but not compete floor, right? Either way, I'm just glad Akash finally gets to compete at Worlds!!!

Me too!

I am guessing vault is a one-time punch and land, whereas floor is repeated. And since he twists a lot, that isn't good for the ankle. His podium training was not good on floor at all :(

Me too!

I am guessing vault is a one-time punch and land, whereas floor is repeated. And since he twists a lot, that isn't good for the ankle. His podium training was not good on floor at all :(
That's a good point, and probably the reason why he's staying away from tumbling; floor is a lot of impacts, while vault is a one-and-done. However, there is a lot more force involved in a vault than any one tumbling pass. I hope he doesn't injure himself further while competing.

That's a good point, and probably the reason why he's staying away from tumbling; floor is a lot of impacts, while vault is a one-and-done. However, there is a lot more force involved in a vault than any one tumbling pass. I hope he doesn't injure himself further while competing.

I was just thinking that. I did notice that in his floor during podium training, it got worse as he went on. So maybe it feels worse as time goes on. So hope he gets to compete all the other events!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back