WAG usa floor music

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

Deleted member 26744

This is an opinion only of course, but I wish the gymnasts from my country (USA) had better floor music. Rarely does the music draw me in anymore. It just seems like a mixture of unmemorable sounds in the background. Even if the gymnast is more athletic than artistic, I would still think they could have better music. Am I the only one that feels this way?

I do wish the music was "better." But I assumed it was taking a backseat to just focusing on the elements.

MyKayla Skinner just posted a video of the process of putting together her floor routine. Seems like her music choices were just brought to her and she picked from amongst those. To me that seems odd. I'd imagine if it were me I'd want to use music I really connected with personally. Again I wonder if it's a combination where she doesn't have time to focus on that, and she's trusting other people to find choices that are compatible with gymnastics?

Dominic choreographed Skinner’s routine and I believe he often chooses the music for the gymnast. I know he did a routine for my friend’s daughter (level 7) a couple weeks ago and he chose her music as well.

Ken, I think you must be right. If I were a gymnast I would wish to have music I connected with as well but maybe it's not always possible.

We need to remember that music must match the image chosen by the gymnast. And I would also advise her to smile more often while performing floor exercises. It helps to improve the score.

I have a question that is somewhat related. In countries like China, Ukraine, Russia, and Romania the gymnasts all seem to have a style that goes with their country. I know a lot of it must have to do with sharing the same coaches and training at the same gym, but do the gymnasts also share the same choreographer?

I have a question that is somewhat related. In countries like China, Ukraine, Russia, and Romania the gymnasts all seem to have a style that goes with their country. I know a lot of it must have to do with sharing the same coaches and training at the same gym, but do the gymnasts also share the same choreographer?
In most cases they have certain choreographers who works with them, but several girls often have the same choreographer.

Well do you see any British style in the British gymnasts? I don't see any. But I do see specific style in the American gymnasts. I think we just don't see the styles in our own country.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back