WAG USA Gymnastics 2022+ TOPs Program Discussion

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have to say… TOPS is a train wreck now. Very unorganized. They have changed some things 3 times now.

I have to say… TOPS is a train wreck now. Very unorganized. They have changed some things 3 times now.
They also haven’t issued specific statements about the changes—you just have to notice that the website has changed…

On the flip side, maybe the changes demonstrate that they’re being responsive to feedback?

If we had anything similar here, there would be no kids in TOPs. We just don't have kids that young doing skills with quality of that level.

Some doing, some of those skills, but not all of them.

I dunno that I would use the term easier….lol…..I suspect they’re really gonna get them on form. They rather see 5 clean, perfect presses as opposed to 10 ‘made ‘‘em’ presses, but convincing the ‘judge’ that was a ‘perfect’ press is going to markedly harder. Just my opinion though.
I think this would be a good change. I never understood why they would allow the gymnasts to rest their legs on their arms and then use their elbows to kick off into the next handstand. Legs shouldn't touch the arms at all in the straddle lever.

On the flip side, maybe the changes demonstrate that they’re being responsive to feedback?

Arguing maybe… disagreeing with themselves. Feedback is only coming from a small group of people that don’t agree with each other.

I dunno that I would use the term easier….lol…..I suspect they’re really gonna get them on form. They rather see 5 clean, perfect presses as opposed to 10 ‘made ‘‘em’ presses, but convincing the ‘judge’ that was a ‘perfect’ press is going to markedly harder. Just my opinion though.

Tagging @Kolabola29 on this too.

They have been doing 5 casts for 2 points each for a long time. After getting 10’s in TOPs on casting pretty regularly… my daughter got a 3. She made all 5… 3 of them counted 2 were not shaped well. The second cast was held for 3 seconds… however… she pushed her knuckles down and they counted it as a wobble.

The first camp we were at that they used this method… a 4 was a very good score… 3 kept you in the game… only a couple kids out of 50+ got a 5+.

The 5 casts for 2 points each was much harder when we were doing it.

Tagging @Kolabola29 on this too.

They have been doing 5 casts for 2 points each for a long time. After getting 10’s in TOPs on casting pretty regularly… my daughter got a 3. She made all 5… 3 of them counted 2 were not shaped well. The second cast was held for 3 seconds… however… she pushed her knuckles down and they counted it as a wobble.

The first camp we were at that they used this method… a 4 was a very good score… 3 kept you in the game… only a couple kids out of 50+ got a 5+.

The 5 casts for 2 points each was much harder when we were doing it.
Wow! Thanks for this helpful context. Craziness.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back