usag bronze/silver/gold

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

cheryl1960

Hi everyone, I am new to chalk bucket and was so happy to find a place to interact with other gym parents. I have a question about the usag levels. My daughter just finished level 4 AAU last season as state AA champ. We recently changed gyms and now she is in a USA prep silver level, which is an alternative to the JO program. I was told she could "score out" of the USA level 5 and 6 JO levels. Has anyone else had experience with this? I was wondering how this works from the gymnasts/parents perspective.

I think what they mean is she would have to do one USGA sanctioned meet at each level ( one at 5 and one at 6 ) and acheive a minimum required score to move to the next level. I think the minimum AA score for move up is 33 or 31.

So she could do one meet at L5, if she earns the required minimum she would then compete one L6 meet. Again if she makes the minimum AA she could then move to L7.

I do not know if there is an amount of time you have to wait between the L5 and L6 meet or not but ihave not heardof one.

I think what they mean is she would have to do one USGA sanctioned meet at each level ( one at 5 and one at 6 ) and acheive a minimum required score to move to the next level. I think the minimum AA score for move up is 33 or 31.

So she could do one meet at L5, if she earns the required minimum she would then compete one L6 meet. Again if she makes the minimum AA she could then move to L7.

I do not know if there is an amount of time you have to wait between the L5 and L6 meet or not but ihave not heardof one.

This is correct. I think it's 31 (or the sectional qualifying score), but it probably varies by state. I'm in the prep program in PA, so it's a bit different, but we've done out of state meets in OH with the bronze silver and gold program, and it's really great. She'll have lots of fun with it! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back