USAG headscratcher ...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

The vaccine doesn't claim to stop the spread, just lessons the symptoms. Kids get mild symptoms anyway, so I doubt a lot of kids will be getting it.
The vaccine that’s being shipped out in the next week or two isn’t even approved for kids yet. No one under 18, pregnant or breastfeeding is allowed to get it.

They haven't completed testing on children (and in some cases/age groups haven't even started). Fauci says it might be available for children (under 16) in the second half of 2021, most likely in time for school in the fall. It is very unlikely children will get this in time for it to protect them for nationals.

It is very unlikely children will get this in time for it to protect them for nationals.
Children are not at high risk for severe infection, complications and death.

Also studies typically do not include children, especially in intial go rounds as they are minors, can’t consent or waive liability.

Pfizer vaccine approved for 16+ though as some noted, healthy teenagers aren’t getting any sort of vaccine until middle/end next year. Moderna is not approved for <18.

my wife just got her shot today as a rise. I’m hoping to get mine next week. I was part of the Pfizer trial but suspect I was placebo. Will find out sooon.

My other interest is Brazilian jiu jitsu and these tournaments have been going on weekly in Florida. there is a huge masters tournament going on right now. If you know anything about BJJ, there is no possibility for social distancing. Lol

Back to topic at hand- seems highly unlikely CA can host any sort of state/regional meets by March/April to qualify for May national..

If you know anything about BJJ, there is no possibility for social distancing. Lol
Puma teaches BJJ. He is using grappling dummies only. Its KILLING him that he hasn’t rolled in 9 months. But a group of other people had a “speak easy” type group, and now they are all positive...

Puma teaches BJJ. He is using grappling dummies only. Its KILLING him that he hasn’t rolled in 9 months. But a group of other people had a “speak easy” type group, and now they are all positive...
There is a BJJ gym near us that is openly teaching classes as if there were no pandemic and posting photos and videos all over the internet. No masks, no distancing, no group size restrictions. It doesn’t seem to be in compliance with the state’s current restrictions on gyms. It is only a matter of time before it turns into a tragedy.

There is a BJJ gym near us that is openly teaching classes as if there were no pandemic and posting photos and videos all over the internet. No masks, no distancing, no group size restrictions. It doesn’t seem to be in compliance with the state’s current restrictions on gyms. It is only a matter of time before it turns into a tragedy.
Yup. BJJ is obviously a small world, so Puma knows of several gyms doing this. He actually just told me he knows two people competing in said tournament in FL that @tomtnt mentioned. Its very risky, and I also foresee tragedy. :(

Back to topic at hand- seems highly unlikely CA can host any sort of state/regional meets by March/April to qualify for May national..
Acro has lifted requirements for qualifying for nationals this year. No score requirements and only have to compete in a state OR regional meet, not both like normal. The other disciplines should do the same if they haven't already.

They’re trying to move regionals out of CA. A lot of level 10s can probably petition in if they qualified in prior years. Maybe by April quarantine won’t be necessary.

They’re trying to move regionals out of CA. A lot of level 10s can probably petition in if they qualified in prior years. Maybe by April quarantine won’t be necessary.
How interesting- was wondering where you heard about this potential petitioning or regionals potentially moving to another state? Presumably AZ or UT?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back