WAG USAG Level Statistics

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymSurvivor

Coach
Gymnast
Alright, I've tried searching the forums and apparently am not searching the right words.
I know at one point a document or website was posted with the number of gymnasts in each level up to elite.
Can someone repost or direct me to this?
Thanks!

It's always amazing to see the drop off between L4 (old) and L8. And for those parents thinking about elite - those numbers are stunning. A great accomplishment, but obviously so difficult to achieve.

I would love to see age breakdowns within each level. Of those 2,258 level 10's, how many were 10 years old vs how many were 17/18, and then also how many years they've been at each level. How many girls repeat level 8, for example. How many of the 17-year-old level 10's are brand new to the level vs how many have been level 10's for years.

i understand that the new list will be out in November. wait till you see how many Excel gymnasts there are now with the new system.

Thanks so much everyone! I'm using it for a public speaking class so as much as I love dunno and 'I' know his numbers are correct, I need to use the chart.

I love to see the numbers I find it SO interesting. Like Mary I would love to see it broken down even more. It is amazing and kind of sad to see the huge drop off as the levels go up. Understandable but still sad. It should make any gymnast who makes it past 8 feel incredibly successful no matter how they might do in general at meets.

cause the sport is so hard at the upper levels and requires a lot of hours to train for that difficulty.

Why is that?
Also, I think that states that may not have had a really solid prep-op program now have the USAG Xcel program. Another bonus, last year when we traveled to an out-of-state meet, our Prep Ops didn't get to go because Prep Op had different rules depending on what state you were from. This year our Xcel girls have the option to go to our out-of-state meet. I think, overall, it just gives legitimacy to the program that was lacking in the piecemeal state-by-state Prep-op programs.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back