USAG tumbling question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi All,

Our oldest daughter moved last January from artistic gymnastics to Tumbling and trampoline, so I'm more familiar with artistic than tumbling. She is moving to Sub Advanced on most (all?) events this year in USTA.

My question is with USAG and mobility. She wouldn't be able to just jump into a level, would she? Is Tumbling the same as artistic gymnastics in that she'd have to start at the beginning and then qualify for the next level? How much more expensive is USAG than USTA? I'm wondering if we weren't given the option of USAG at her gym because of the mobility issue that we'd run into.

I have no idea where they'd even place her if she wanted to go USAG. Finally, would you even recommend that we try USAG or is USTA just as good? What do gyms usually do with somewhat higher level older kids that make the move from artistic to tumbling?

Thanks!

If she goes into USTA tumbling & trampoline, she can start wherever.

If she goes into USAG tumbling & trampoline, the highest she can start is 7 & then she has to earn mobility scores & demonstrate mobility skills.

USTA tends to be stronger in te midwest, or was back in the day, USAG is more nationally a thing. I grew up USTA, but would...probably go USAG. I have Reasons that I will talk about later.

Does your gym have both? How odd...

USA Gymnastics is the way to all the opportunities. you can't make a national team to represent the USA in international competitions or compete in Worlds or Olympics thru USTA. USAG is the National Governing Body. all good things happen thru them.:)

There are so many options including just wear white socks. I suggest gymnastic shoes with a rubber sole. I have seen them anywhere from $9 to $70. Personally I like the ones that enclose the foot for DM and the ballet looking ones for tramp. Our gym orders from here Welcome to Carita House Online but they are not in the US so I am not sure of shipping time. I know Trampoline Shoes has some low to med price range shoes. It takes some looking but you can google trampoline shoes and come up with some results.

OOPS I totally posted this under the wrong thread it was supposed to go under the shoes thread :eek: I was wondering why my post didn't show up I thought I must have not submitted it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back