WAG USAG will live stream LSU verification

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Sadly no Perea, Okeefe or Malabuyo? That really opens the door for the second row doesn't it?

Sadly no Perea, Okeefe or Malabuyo? That really opens the door for the second row doesn't it?

I am hoping some of those big names show up in the end. But really the meets they are trying to fill are small potatoes meets aren't they. Give some of the lower tier elites to compete for the US until the big guns come out for worlds.

Currently watching the verification livestream and it's certainly not living up to expectations. I am getting the feeling that the gymnasts got to opt out of having their routines streamed and with the exception of Margzetta, Jordan Bowers and a couple of others, most of them took that option. So all we are left with is endless footage of girls standing around at the end of the vault run, etc while we can hear floor music, impact noises and there's obviously more going on in the gym that we are not being allowed to see. Might as well not bother with the livestream then if so many of the gymnasts have a problem with it.

Like watching paint dry. I guess allowing opt outs means it is hardly worth streaming. I find it s bit strange as they cannot opt out for classics etc.

Wow, that training facility is beautiful. And the livestream feels very similar to watching US broadcasts of almost every sport like gymnastics...the broadcasters always pick and choose who they will show and there are many times I wish they chose differently. One positive, no inane 'commentary' like "It's all about hitting those handstands on bars!"

I don't have an issue with the girls just trying to get their qualifying scores or competing for feedback not being shown, but it feels a bit off that the young women verifying for international assignments could also opt out--they're senior athletes competing to represent their countries at events that will absolutely be broadcast. I also appreciate that USAG was trying to respect athlete autonomy and privacy, though. The question is where transparency and privacy should intersect, and who things are supposed to be transparent to--just the athletes in the system, or to anyone? I haven't been able to settle on an answer I like completely for the first question (although my first sentence tells me where I'm leaning), but the answer to the second I think really should be everyone. Having a system closed to outsiders is a large part of what created the problem. I also recognize that this is the first time they've tried anything like this--I'm sure it will be an evolving process.

Has anyone heard if USAG will be releasing scores for everyone from this meet? That seems like it would be a very large part of the transparency process as well.

Margz was awesome, and Carey looked great on floor and vault. Lots of potential from DiCello, McClain, and Bowers. I loved Davis' mount sequence, and Kenlin is a gorgeous beam worker. Hopefully more of the athletes will allow their videos to be released after the meet.

We had a teammate at Verification and many of our girls tried to watch her, having never had a chance to watch such an event before. What a disappointment that athletes opted out of being shown..... just weird if this was advertised to be a "public" event.

Reactions: sce
I just got to watch some of the broadcast today. As others said, lots of wasted film. Seems like it would be a reasonable request to film for those seeking to participate in international competitions. I was a little surprised (in a good way) at Jade's beam. Her onodi still needs work, but she's clearly working upgrades. I really wished I knew the D scores on some of the routines.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back