WAG USAIGC Skill Level Requirement ( I - D )

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Nugtastic

Coach
Gymnast
I’m a coach for USAIGC and am having a hard time figuring out what level skills the girls can do in each level.
For Copper 1 & 2 they aren’t allowed to do any B skills
But what about for Bronze? Can they do B skills or is it strictly just A until they get to Diamond and above.
I’m asking because one of my girls is doing a Switch leap , wolf half and i’m not sure if that’s allowed. She also is a dance so she has a torjete. We also would like her to do an aerial on her routine but none of the jumps / turns she can smoothly connect it with. Just trying to figure it out so that way we don’t have her doing a super bland and boring routine for her skill level. Thank you!

I’m trying to share the 2020 rules but I’m terrible at technology so bear with me. Lol Bronze and Diamond can have no Cs and the only differences for Diamond are a few more vault options, isolated flight on beam, and saltos on floor. Not all Bs are ok (no giants, no 1/2 twists). I warn you that as much as I love USAIGC, the website is often confusing and poorly written. But it’s been a great program for Puma Jr!

Did this work?

Attachments

• 2020 - USAIGC RULES & POLICY BOOK 2018_.docx 2.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 200
  • 2020 - USAIGC RULES & POLICY BOOK 2018_.docx 2.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 84
To answer your question better, I believe all those specific skills you listed are Bs (I’m just a parent, not a coach so I could be wrong!) are Bs so fine in Bronze or Diamond. Most Bs are. I have noticed that since the Diamond level emerged 2 seasons ago (Puma Jr was Diamond the first season it was a level), the Bronze routines in general have been not as strong. You probably won’t see too many Bs in Bronze. When Puma Jr was Bronze three seasons ago, our gym required at least one B. And kips and full turn on beam though they aren’t technically required. I’m not sure if that is still the case, but I’m sure it is for Diamond at our gym. I can ask her. (She’s Silver now).

I’m a coach for USAIGC and am having a hard time figuring out what level skills the girls can do in each level.
For Copper 1 & 2 they aren’t allowed to do any B skills
But what about for Bronze? Can they do B skills or is it strictly just A until they get to Diamond and above.
I’m asking because one of my girls is doing a Switch leap , wolf half and i’m not sure if that’s allowed. She also is a dance so she has a torjete. We also would like her to do an aerial on her routine but none of the jumps / turns she can smoothly connect it with. Just trying to figure it out so that way we don’t have her doing a super bland and boring routine for her skill level. Thank you!
Hi! My daughter did a switch leap in Bronze. In fact, our gym required it for 2nd-year Bronzes and Diamonds. One thing to be careful with though is the requirement for a full turn on floor in Bronze/Diamond. I saw that some gyms included 1.5 turns in their Diamond floor routines instead of the full turn to better prepare them for Silver and they were penalized for missing the full-turn requirement.

Hi! My daughter did a switch leap in Bronze. In fact, our gym required it for 2nd-year Bronzes and Diamonds. One thing to be careful with though is the requirement for a full turn on floor in Bronze/Diamond. I saw that some gyms included 1.5 turns in their Diamond floor routines instead of the full turn to better prepare them for Silver and they were penalized for missing the full-turn requirement.
That’s actually really helpful. I’m glad you mentioned the turn because I would’ve had her do the full turn.

T
To answer your question better, I believe all those specific skills you listed are Bs (I’m just a parent, not a coach so I could be wrong!) are Bs so fine in Bronze or Diamond. Most Bs are. I have noticed that since the Diamond level emerged 2 seasons ago (Puma Jr was Diamond the first season it was a level), the Bronze routines in general have been not as strong. You probably won’t see too many Bs in Bronze. When Puma Jr was Bronze three seasons ago, our gym required at least one B. And kips and full turn on beam though they aren’t technically required. I’m not sure if that is still the case, but I’m sure it is for Diamond at our gym. I can ask her. (She’s Silver now).
Thank you! Fortunately one of the gyms owners friends is a judge so we were able to ask her a bunch of questions!

She can do the 1 1/2 as long as she also does the full turn, if that helps. I did see a couple of girls who did both.
Yes, this is a good point. I believe Puma Jr did both in her Diamond routine? I’ll have to go back and look lol

ETA: Yes, she did both a full turn and a 3/2 in Diamond.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back