WAG USOC moves to revoke USAG...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I just had someone explain that it will take time, and that in the event that it goes to revocation, the USOC will take over in the interim, and that it should not affect meets, etc. But only time will tell.

I surprisingly have mixed feelings. I know our current organization is no good. I guess I was holding out for hope that they'd get it together. I'm not typically afraid of change, so now I'm holding out hope that what come from this is better than ever with as little collateral damage as possible.

Bigger question though, they are doing this without anything in place. What does this mean for the USAG camps etc that are due to happen? Meets due to take place? Do they have a plan?

Also wondering this. From the up and coming elite kids to the beginning compulsory- what happens next? * edited because I now see that meets will continue for now as planned until a decision is made.
I’m not surprised by this but I also don’t understand what’s next.

Bigger question though, they are doing this without anything in place. What does this mean for the USAG camps etc that are due to happen? Meets due to take place? Do they have a plan?
Other than elite meets, does it affect meets really at all? I assume the gyms could hold them regardless- I mean, some gyms do unsanctioned meets anyway and the fees have been paid/venues booked, etc. I would guess it could effect states, but only to the fact that they wouldn’t “count” for anything- but what does L4-8 states really count for anyway (regionals too)? The kids who win still won.

Other than elite meets, does it affect meets really at all? I assume the gyms could hold them regardless- I mean, some gyms do unsanctioned meets anyway and the fees have been paid/venues booked, etc. I would guess it could effect states, but only to the fact that they wouldn’t “count” for anything- but what does L4-8 states really count for anyway (regionals too)? The kids who win still won.

This is a question for US based coaches for sure. I am just sure that things could get very messy.

Well, who decides the compulsory routines for example? Didn't that come out of USAG? Who decides what ages can compete at what level and what skills are required in what levels? These things do affect lower level gymnasts. There has to be some organization who determines those things.

Just because lower level gymnastics doesn't "mean" anything doesn't mean it won't affect them in some way. Like Bog said, it's going to get messy unless they have a contingency plan in place.

And what will happen to “pending” investigations through USAG safe sport? I guess they will fall through the cracks.

I'd like to speak to compulsary gymnastics.

I am not a fan and think a gymnast should able to perform skills that best suit each individual. They could require x skills but allow coaches to assemble them as they fit each gymnast, the dance should be their own and not be judged.

I am also a believer in a gymnasts learning many skills before fear begins. DD had some irregular coaches in her early career and their different approaches have done her well.

Usag did well for USAG gymnastics reputation but what was the cost to children?

And what will happen to “pending” investigations through USAG safe sport? I guess they will fall through the cracks.
Same with all the individuals currently on the USAG banned list. A new organization couldn't borrow a list from a de-certified, discredited organization. They would have to do a new process.

Same with all the individuals currently on the USAG banned list. A new organization couldn't borrow a list from a de-certified, discredited organization. They would have to do a new process.

Oh man, I didn't even think about that. :( I really hope they have a plan.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back