WAG USOC moves to revoke USAG...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Or they get it all just with SafeSport....which is not a USAG organization.
I searched for some members from the USAG banned list on the safesport site and they are not there. Are only those who were investigated since 2017 on safe sport?

I searched for some members from the USAG banned list on the safesport site and they are not there. Are only those who were investigated since 2017 on safe sport?

I am not sure. But my thought is that SafeSport could handle a lot of that transfer....and then maybe it won't fall on the NGB? I am just shooting from the hip here.

I searched the first 25 members on the USAG banned list on Safesport, the A and B last names. Only 4 came up on Safesport. If you want to find older discplinary records, have to go into USA Gymnastics Disciplinary Records.

Same with all the individuals currently on the USAG banned list. A new organization couldn't borrow a list from a de-certified, discredited organization. They would have to do a new process.
What a nightmare. So basically all of these coaches on the banned list could go right back to coaching if there is no plan in place. Awesome. I’m not going to hold my breath that there will be any well organized plan.

What a nightmare. So basically all of these coaches on the banned list could go right back to coaching if there is no plan in place. Awesome. I’m not going to hold my breath that there will be any well organized plan.

I think in this climate, and with what has happened....there WILL be a plan for that in place.

I really, really hope you are right.

Me too. I just think that will be something that they will have to be transparent on, for USOC to accept them. Or that is what I gathered from the letter from USOC.

Compulsory routines are USAG's, Compulsory music is USAG's, even the JO COP is a USAG Document. How meets could carry on as planned without all of that...they can't. Is it possible any of that would be given to a new organization? Not sure. Someone upthread commented they don't like compulsories...there is always Xcel. of course that's also a USAG creation. I imagine it will take time for everything to be dissolved, but it will also take a large amount of time for a new organization to be created.

Are we really thinking everything will go poof at the same time? I mean, AAU Gymnastics remained after they were decertified, right? Even if USAG was decertified by the USOC that doesn’t mean that USAG JO’s couldn’t continue at least for awhile, right?

I have a feeling there is stuff going on behind the scenes that we don’t know about / isn’t public at all.....meaning there is a plan coming together for the next wave of this country’s gymnastics leadership.
None of this is a surprise. This HAD to happen - USAG has been a complete train wreck and #^%% show for a while now.
Even for those who don’t like change - I think we will all breathe a big sigh of relief when the old organization is put to final rest.
What’s the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result. That would be USAG.
My only question is - where is @dunno? Anyone heard from him in a while? I want to pick his brain right now.

Nothing has actually happened yet except the USOC stating their intention to move towards decertification. Until that actually happens, things should continue on as-is. I’m telling myself that by the time that actually happens, all of the t’s will be crossed and i’s dotted so the transition is seamless. Please let it be that way!

I have a feeling there is stuff going on behind the scenes that we don’t know about / isn’t public at all.....meaning there is a plan coming together for the next wave of this country’s gymnastics leadership.
None of this is a surprise. This HAD to happen - USAG has been a complete train wreck and #^%% show for a while now.
Even for those who don’t like change - I think we will all breathe a big sigh of relief when the old organization is put to final rest.
What’s the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result. That would be USAG.
My only question is - where is @dunno? Anyone heard from him in a while? I want to pick his brain right now.[

I actually wouldn’t be surprised if the decertification doesn’t happen at all. I’m still not sure it’s the best plan. Maybe let the USOC step in and appoint a new CEO/Board or run the organization themselves for awhile and then hand over to new competent leaders. I think that with responsible and competent leadership, USAG could continue and that would cause the least disruption to the athletes. But I hate the thought of decertifying without another NGB ready to take over immediately. It will be an even bigger mess.

No surprise here and an absolutely necessary step-they’ve been given many chances!
It's not necessary, and i fear will be even more damaging to the people that it will affect the most: Local clubs--gymnasts, coaches, owners who have no part in the problems. I see gyms being forced to close due to lack of enrollment because all of this negativity is driving away potential enrollment. It will happen. The drop in class enrollment already is alarming. This will push it over the edge.The livelihoods of a lot of people and the life work of a lot of people is at stake here.

I'd rather see the USOC working with USAG to figure this out, instead of throwing this all on USAG. USOC is not innocent either.

As for the upcoming devo/invite camp, Kim Riley will let us all know tomorrow after their meeting. As of right now I have no idea if camp will happen or not. We are supposed to leave on Saturday.

Trampoline and Tumbling World Championships start tomorrow, with USA athletes competing in Russia. There are only 5 gymnastics disciplines with World Championships. This is the last one of the year. Wish the announcement could have waited 4 more days until their championship is complete. If USOC were waiting for Artistic World to be done before announcing so as not to distract them, doesn’t send the greatest message to the T&T athletes about how much USOC values them.

My only question is - where is @dunno? Anyone heard from him in a while? I want to pick his brain right now.
no you dont!

Trampoline and Tumbling World Championships start tomorrow, with USA athletes competing in Russia. There are only 5 gymnastics disciplines with World Championships. This is the last one of the year. Wish the announcement could have waited 4 more days until their championship is complete. If USOC were waiting for Artistic World to be done before announcing so as not to distract them, doesn’t send the greatest message to the T&T athletes about how much USOC values them.

Terrible timing for those athletes.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I am assuming USOC is responsible for determining which governing body selects the elite teams to represent the country. If USAG is decertified, wouldn’t this just mean they don’t get to run the national teams. All other co,petitions and events could continue.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back