USTA folks what level are the National team members?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

aerialriver

Coach
Gymnast
I was curious what level you have to be to qualify to be a National team member. Is it elite? Do you have any video examples of routines of folks that are on the National team? Also is there a Jr. and Sr. team or just one, and what are the ages or age limits?

Thanks!

To try out for national team, the athletes have to qualify elite in a sanctioned meet prior to national team trials...I can't
remember off the top of my head what the qualifying difficulty score is to qualify elite, but I think it's a combined 8.0 or 8.3.... After the athlete quality elite, they can compete lower difficulty. There are several athletes on the USTA national team that compete advanced, but not elite. Some of them only compete elite, and some compete advanced and elite...

Sample 5 skill:
Barani, full, whip, whip, double full, punch front...

Sample 8 skill:
Roundoff, whip, whip, full, whip, flic, full, punch front

Or, you could do a 5 skill of:
Roundoff whip, flic, flic, double back

There are tons of variations in skill combos for passes at that level...

Oh, and at trials they have to compete the compulsory pass...

There is only one team, no age limit...just the difficulty requirement. I'll see I I can find some video

You must qualify elite in the event you are trying out for on the national team. Current elite difficulites are tumbling 8.0, trampoline 7.5 and double-mini 4.8. There is no minimum age for the USTA National team. I have a friend who coaches in our state and he has four girls on the current team. I believe when they qualified they were ages 10-13. I think most of the USTA team competed at nationals this year at both advanced and elite levels. My DD went against nine of them in just one event!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back