VA gyms

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

novagymmom

Proud Parent
Does anyone know how VA is working? Where do gymnastic gyms fit in? Northern VA is actually going to Phase 2 on Friday (which says that "gyms" can operate at 30%). This presumably is geared towards things like Orange Theory/Golds/etc. But not sure where we fit and haven't heard anything from our gym yet!

It also says that youth sports specifically can operate as long as they’re not contact sports. Indoor at 30% and outdoor at 50% capacity, or 50 people- whichever is less. Haven’t heard from the gym where my daughter works/trains though.

We went into phase 2 this past Friday and our gym started indoors Monday. They sent a new list of procedures but I haven’t read them yet because we’ve been out of town so haven’t actually been in the gym itself yet. I think our gym is following gym guidelines (not youth sports) based on thingS they’ve said and other gyms in our area seem to be doing very similar things.

I don't think our gym is considering moving indoors until July. I know that is the same plan as another NOVA gym in the area.

To those other Virginia gyms that have started indoor practice, are the girls getting on all of the equipment? How are your gyms handling sanitization?

To those other Virginia gyms that have started indoor practice, are the girls getting on all of the equipment? How are your gyms handling sanitization?
My daughter’s gym is using the equipment. They are sanitizing with bleach and UV lights between groups with only small groups in the gym at a time.

Thanks. I feel like there are only 2 gyms not inside or not letting the girls get on equipment and it’s very frustrating.

We were supposed to have our first practice back at the gym yesterday. It got pushed back to next week.

Before going back in the gym, there will be a "return to gym protocols" zoom session for parents and gymnasts to learn what precautions they are taking. But, hasn't happened yet so i'm not sure.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back