Parents Vacation over training?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I know I may be a minority on this but I don't believe she should go to the beach , however you can't make the decision for her. Encourage her, because she is in a new gym they need to see commitment from her, and optionals are more serious. She needs to settle into the new gyms training system. However the final decision should be hers to make.

I know I may be a minority on this but I don't believe she should go to the beach ,
Why are you against time off? A week off doesn’t mean there is no commitment or that she and “it” is not serious

And the post was update. She went.

We were in gymnastics for 17 years total, with 2 multi year level 10 gymnasts and we ALWAYS took at least a week at the beach every summer at our beach house, and some years we took 2! And we did what I believe gymgal's mom said to do, we told the gym that that's when we'd be gone. No lost skills, no issues, time to be a kid, period. And when my daughter got engaged last year , it was at "her favorite place in the world" ...the BEACH , not the gym ....so yes, let your kids be kids.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back