Value and Bonus for Beam Mount

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am competing level 8 again this year, and having most of my skills on beam at this point I've had some time to mess around with mounts. One mount that I've found pretty interesting/fun is the Silvias (jump to chest stand, 1/1 spin on neck/shoulders), only I jump to chest stand immediately and only do a 360 turn instead of cartwheeling into a reverse chest stand. I included a link of Dominique's beam routine, as she had this mount.

‪Dominique Moceanu beam team final 96 Olympics‬‏ - YouTube

I checked in the JO CoP, and it says that the Silvias (even a 360 one) is a C skill. I'm wondering a few things:

1) Is a C mount such as this allowed in level 8?
2) When I get to level 9, is there anything I can connect this to to earn bonus? (I'm willing to be creative, and i also have a flexible back and shoulders)

Thanks in advance!

You can only do C dance skills in L8, so no, you couldn't do this mount. You could do a jump to chest stand, 1/2 turn over should to shoulder stand (B, skill 1.208 in the COP).

No, when you get to L9, the only way you can get bonus from a mount is if it is an acro-mount connected to another skill, such as RO BHS, BHS, back tuck.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back