Vault Finals Question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mom2G&D

Proud Parent
This may be completely obvious to most of you, but I am confused. I know Biles is moving on to the Vault Finals. And, I know that to do so, she competed two vaults (from two different vault categories) during qualifications.

What I don't understand is why Raisman, Hernandez and Douglas did not attempt two vaults as well. Their vault scores were certainly high enough for the vault that they each did. Do none of them have a second vault from another vault category?

I though I had read somewhere that at least Raisman (and maybe Douglas) were good opportunities for the US to medal on vault.

Thanks in advance to all of you who respond!

No, Mckayla Skinner is the only other American who has competed 2 vaults recently on an international basis (seniors). It is just additional training time that takes away from other events.

It is very, very difficult to perfect a second vault of the quality required for Olympic/Elite competition. At some point there comes a decision to make: spend precious practice time perfecting a second vault or work on perfection on the other three events and the one vault.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back