WAG Vault run

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Jard.the.gymnast

Coach
Gymnast
How do you run faster for vault? My coach says i need to run faster and i do run faster than before, but it isn't quick enough yet. Also, would counting steps help with increasing speed in the vault run?

Counting steps may or may not help, depending on how well you can multitask.
To run faster, we have someone chase the gymnast, lol. It looks funny, but it helps.

How do you run faster for vault? My coach says i need to run faster and i do run faster than before, but it isn't quick enough yet. Also, would counting steps help with increasing speed in the vault run?

Counting steps will help with consistency, not speed.

Is the issue sheer lack of speed or not committing fully to the run? If it's the latter, then I defer to the gymnastics coaches. But if it's strictly a matter of speed, you could try adding fartleks to any running you do for conditioning. (Not that you should be doing a lot of running for conditioning! But I can easily see adding some in if you have a ten or fifteen minute run once a week.)

But if it's strictly a matter of speed, you could try adding fartleks to any running you do for conditioning.

This might sound silly, but what are fartleks? It is a matter of speed, since i feel like i run as hard as i can. I can also PM a video of my vault (with run of course) if that would help...

A year ago, I was very bad at vault. Since I learned myself to start the run with a hop ( you can start at one leg or two legs idk ) I am always first on vault.
Ik don't know if you do this already or if you coach don't like it... it's only a tip.

A year ago, I was very bad at vault. Since I learned myself to start the run with a hop ( you can start at one leg or two legs idk ) I am always first on vault.
Ik don't know if you do this already or if you coach don't like it... it's only a tip.
Do you mean with run with a hop, that your 2 legs are never at the same time on the ground?

I'm from The Netherlands and not everyone starts with als hop. Some people just start running.
Do you mean with run with a hop, that your 2 legs are never at the same time on the ground?
No. I mean that you start with a little jump in the air. Like this video.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back