WAG Vault Scoring: Average or best of two?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gympoppop

Proud Parent
My daughter is in Level 4 this year and I had always thought vault was scored as the best of two but her coach now thinks that they have been scored as the average of the two vaults all year. I'm curious if this rule has changed or if it is discretionary/varies by state? Also, if it is the average, is there any penalty under average scoring for not doing the second vault?

Thanks!

At my meets vault scores are always the average of the two. That sucks when you don't get over the vault once, because you'll lose a lot of points.. I'm not from the US so I wouldn't know exactly what level I'm in in your terms, but I'm guessing 4 or 5.

My daughter is in Level 4 this year and I had always thought vault was scored as the best of two but her coach now thinks that they have been scored as the average of the two vaults all year. I'm curious if this rule has changed or if it is discretionary/varies by state? Also, if it is the average, is there any penalty under average scoring for not doing the second vault?

Thanks!
Also, if you don't do the second one at our meets you get 0 points for that so you have to do two

What?
I thought it was the best of the two scores. We have had people balk on two vaults and then go over on the third and get a high eight. I thought that was a national rule in DP.

Thank you all. Best of two is consistent with what I’ve always thought. This probably just a game of telephone with my 8yo and she misunderstood what the coach said.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back