WAG Vault table Level 5 2022 height

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Flippinpumpkin

Proud Parent
Gymnast
I saw a lot of old posts about minimum vault table height for Level 5 but nothing updated. My daughter is 9, short, super petite. She is now vaulting with a practice squad of girls who are 11+ and is having trouble getting over the table. She says the table is too high and her coach won’t lower it. I told her there may be a minimum height……. So here I am. :)

There isn't a required setting.
A few guesses:
1. Keeping the same setting saves practice time = more vaults per day
2. Coach is training everyone on the same setting to a certain level of consistency before choosing personal settings.
3. Coach thinks there is a minimum requirement.
4. Coach disagrees with gymnast and thinks it's an appropriate setting

I'd ask coach. I like to do 2., but I make exceptions if you can't do the vault in the first place.

I was pretty sure there are minimum vault heights and this is what I found when I looked:

d. Levels 4-5: All age divisions may use the vault table at any manufacturer setting. Levels 6-10: All age divisions may use the vault table at any height; however, the height must be within a minimum of 115 cm and a maximum of 135 cm. Levels 6 and 7 – vault height minimum is 115 cm., maximum is 135 cm.

So I do think there is a minimum just not sure what setting the coach has them at. I wills ay my kid ended up doing better when forced to do the higher setting. It made her really run at the vault hard she couldnt halfway do it. So while she didnt like the "higher" setting it did work out for her.

I was pretty sure there are minimum vault heights and this is what I found when I looked:

d. Levels 4-5: All age divisions may use the vault table at any manufacturer setting. Levels 6-10: All age divisions may use the vault table at any height; however, the height must be within a minimum of 115 cm and a maximum of 135 cm. Levels 6 and 7 – vault height minimum is 115 cm., maximum is 135 cm.

So I do think there is a minimum just not sure what setting the coach has them at. I wills ay my kid ended up doing better when forced to do the higher setting. It made her really run at the vault hard she couldnt halfway do it. So while she didnt like the "higher" setting it did work out for her.
g. Level 6/7 apparatus specifications: Vault table, base mat, mat stack, additional minimum 8-inch mat opposite table 1) Vault table: All age divisions may use the vault table at any manufacturer setting, with a maximum of 135 cm (+ 1 cm).

d. Levels 4-5: All age divisions may use the vault table at any manufacturer setting. Levels 8-10: All age divisions may use the vault table with a minimum setting of 115 cm (+ 1 cm) and a maximum of 135 cm (+ 1 cm).

I think this is more recent? I think in 2019 6-7 both needed to be 115, but they changed it.

I am late to this conversation but when my daughter was level 5 her coach made everyone vault on 115 because that was the minimum for level6. My daughter was 4’3” and 57 lbs at age 9 level 5. She was one of the last to get the vault but she got it. Also, there were teams that outscored us every meet on vault at level 5. One team had all their girls vault on 105. But the did not when we competed against them in level6. My DD is now level 7 training 8, 4’10” 90 lbs and vaulting at 130 with her yurchenko timer.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back