MAG vaults.....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
So, the future level 8s at the gym are working different vaults. D is working the one where you round off on the table and then back tuck. 2 of his teammates are working a front handspring with a front tuck.

So, at level 8, what are the vaults? And start values? This optional stuff is going to be hard for a numbers person like me!!

doesn't matter. they learn what they can learn and the vault evolves in to more difficult vaults.

round off back tuck is Tsukahara. front handspring to front tuck is handspring front.

the first will evolve in to 2 1/2 somis. full twists. 2ble twist. 2 1/2 twist. and triple twist. and even full twist in to back tuck such as the Korean vaulter.

the 2nd will become 2 1/2 somis which may include 1/2 twist out. then 1/2, 1/1, 1 1/2, 2ble and 2 1/2 and even triple twists.

Thanks! I appreciate your help. Coach says d's handspring vault isn't good enough to progress right now, so he is working the other one. He loves it! (hated the hs vault) Sounds like things are getting fun!

I am putting it out here right now: my child will never compete any handspring front anything as an optional gymnast. (Just imagining those daddy longlegs arms and legs trying to get the power to flip that thing up and around . . . UGH!) Tsuk, baby, all the way!

A front handspring front is much harder and worth 4 tenths more

Also level 8s aren't allowed to do yurchenkos

I think the start scores are

FHs 12.2
FHs half 12.4
FHs full 12.8
FHA front tuck 13.2

Tsuk 12.8
Kaz 13.2

There you go

Are those JO exceptions or level 8 specific or something? In FIG a tsuk and hand front are worth the same.

I know one of our level 8s did tsuks this year, and saw several in competition, so I am confused. That is what coach is planning for d fo level 8. I know they can't do round off entry vaults, but I thought tsuks were ok.

I know one of our level 8s did tsuks this year, and saw several in competition, so I am confused. That is what coach is planning for d fo level 8. I know they can't do round off entry vaults, but I thought tsuks were ok.
Tskuks are fine now yurchenkos are round off entry vaults those aren't fine but a Tsuk is pretty much the most common level 8/9 vault

Sorry...I misread your post. .sigh. Need to stick with what I know!lol!

Ft Handspring 12.0
Tsuk Tuck and Hand ft tuck are both 12.8
Tsuk Pike - 13.0 Hand ft pike - 13.2
Tsuk Lay and Tuck Kas - 13.6 Hand ft pike w/1/2 - 14.0 (JO exception)

No Yurchenkos for L8. Tucked Tsuks are the most common L8 vault.

Good Luck!

Our 2 L8s and DS (who may be a 7 or 8 - or even a 6...) are all training Tsuks - and loving it and finding it easy...DD a L8 is training Yurchenko (I guess the girlies can handle RO entries at L8 ??? - just kidding I know it has to do with the strength/progression differences between MAG and WAG...)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back