VERY early workout

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hello!

I'm doing swim team this year for high school, and unfortunetly due to budget cuts it has to be in the morning far away. That means we have to get up at 4:30 in the morning, have swim at 5:20, gets out at 6:30, leave asap and get to school by 7:05 and find a parking spot (which is near impossible for our high school). My question is, how do I stay awake in a healthy way?!!? Have any of you guys had to deal with early morning practice? I have no idea how I'm going to stay up during school, let alone get all my hw done in time so I can get to bed early. Suggestions?

Geeze, thats rough!

You can try to get most of your morning routine (shower, pick out clothes, iron, etc) done at night, so all you have to do is the basics to get out of the house.

Also just try to manage your time REALLY efficiently, so you can get to bed early.

Morning workouts actually give you energy though! (for a while at least) I feel like when I work out in the morning, i feel so much better for the rest of the day. So that in itself might be helpful =)

Sorry if I didn't tell you anything you hadn't already considered...good luck though!!

That is early! I work nights now, but used to work day/nights (I'm a nurse). When I worked days--I would have to get up at 4:30 too to make it to work on time. I second the previous posters ideas--get everything ready the night before--even your clothes picked out, so all you have to do is dress and go.

You might want to consider a short nap after school--like 30 min to refresh yourself. That will help with keeping alert and focused during homework too.

I was actually in your boat this summer...I worked 5:30am-3pm, but would have 2 a day workouts about 1-3 times a week for cross country (we did the workouts on our own). I would have to rise around 3:30am to run on those days. As afore mentioned, getting everything ready the night before truly works, as do brief power naps. If I was feeling drowsy, I would have Sport Tea...you should be able to look it up online somewhere...that gave me an extra boost when necessary. Also, making sure you eat healthy throughout the day is key. It gives you more energy than just grabbing the potato chips, etc. Best of luck with that! My HS's swim team practice very early as well; so did hockey.

Thank you all for the responses! I love naps, but i usually can't take them because I get a headache when I wake up and feel even worse then when I went to sleep. I'll definitely look into extra boost foods, I have a feeling I'll be needing those.

You will also find that the more you go through that schedule, the easier it will get. Weekends will be your friend.

Good luck, and learn to listen to your body. If you ignore it, it will only yell louder.

Ryan

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back