Video ads autoplaying again (and slowing page)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Sasha

Proud Parent
For the last week or so, video ads are auto-playing and making pages slow, hang, or crash.

The video ads start playing even if I am currently scrolled above or below the ad (i.e., ad is not currently visible on the page). For example, I can open a page (and be at the top) and an ad at the bottom will start playing before I have ever scrolled down. I then have trouble scrolling (hangs) and sometimes the page is stuck even after the video ends and I have to close and reopen. Definitely interfering with the experience.

Video ads will also begin to play when I'm not even on the Chalkbucket tab (when I am on another open tab on my browser).

I'm on a Mac (Yosemite) using Chrome.

Interesting. I have never had video ads since signing up. I don't use iPad though....

Is this on the app on on the full forum through an ipad browser?

I use the full site on my iphone, not the app and I never get ads. It would be good to know how this is happening so @JBS can address it.

I use the iOS app and I get them too. I am a booster club member and every time I open the app I have a video ad pop up before I can go the the forums.

Is this on the app on on the full forum through an ipad browser?

I use the full site on my iphone, not the app and I never get ads. It would be good to know how this is happening so @JBS can address it.

It is happening for me on a MacBook laptop computer (not a mobile app) using Chrome browser. (I do not use the Mobile App, so I cannot check that.)

It is happening for me on a MacBook laptop computer (not a mobile app) using Chrome browser. (I do not use the Mobile App, so I cannot check that.)

Okay so that is exactly what I use, so it is not an issue with booster club people on your set up.

Your solution would be to join the booster club, no ads at all with that.

If it helps JBS to know the exact details, here is what happens for me: when I tap the app to open, it immediately goes to my timeline. However, my personal reading preference is to see the unread threads first. When I tap on the unread section of the menu on the top of the screen, that is when I go to the video ad. It is almost exclusively for a game called mobile strike

I have the same experience as cbfoja except that I don't always see the game. Usually it's the game but it's also Talbots or TRX or something else.

Video ads will also begin to play when I'm not even on the Chalkbucket tab (when I am on another open tab on my browser).

I've been noticing the same thing on my laptop which is using Chrome on Windows 10. Just now I had the chalkbucket site loaded on one of my tabs and I was browsing something on another tab when it just started playing an ad. I don't remember this happening before the last week or so.

Just wondering if with the newest fixes and upgrades the ads will disappear again for boosters? I've had them for months now, and my upgrade doesn't expire until July 2017.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back