Parents Video camera recommendations?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

3crazymonkeys

Proud Parent
Hi. I'm looking to purchase a video camera and wondering if anyone has one that is good for meets? We currently use our cell phones and want better quality to zoom. I already have a great dslr camera for still shots but we like to video as well. We would like to stay under $300 if possible. We will also use it to record our daughters theatre plays. So low light is a must for meets and the plays. Plus, a great zoom for meets. We want light weight as well. Anything else to look for? Brands you like or a specific camera that you have found works well? TIA!

I record all of our hosted meets as well as my DD's level when we travel for competition. I use a camera that I bought at Best Buy on clearance for less than $150. (Will have to look at it when I get home for name/model)

Honestly the 2 things that I am most appreciative for - HD recording capability and a large optical (NOT digital) zoom. I wish I had manual zoom (manually turn the focus ring) rather than a digital zoom feature, but my camera still takes brilliant video.

I record all of our hosted meets as well as my DD's level when we travel for competition. I use a camera that I bought at Best Buy on clearance for less than $150. (Will have to look at it when I get home for name/model)

Honestly the 2 things that I am most appreciative for - HD recording capability and a large optical (NOT digital) zoom. I wish I had manual zoom (manually turn the focus ring) rather than a digital zoom feature, but my camera still takes brilliant video.

Thank you! I would love to know what camera you have. I will definitely need to check out clearance deals.

I was taking video with my Nikon Coolpix L820 camera; however, I asked my daughter whether she wants me to videotape her this season and she said no. I was going to look for a new digital camcorder that had the ability to upload directly to the Internet but it looks like there is no need for that. I'm trying to take a more relaxed approach to watching my daughter compete this year so as much as I will miss not having video of my daughter (I guess some other parent can film it for me) if she feels better that I not film her I am more than happy to oblige.

I have a Panasonic that I picked up for about $170. Does a great job!
After doing video, I can play it on the camcorder frame by frame and take still shots right from the video. That's my favorite part :)

I have a Panasonic that I picked up for about $170. Does a great job!
After doing video, I can play it on the camcorder frame by frame and take still shots right from the video. That's my favorite part :)
Hey! that sounds awesome do you know which model it was?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back