Gold Membership
Coach
Gymnast
Me doing triple backs on tramp at woodward:
[youtube]2l1bZPKe3_4[/youtube]

My passes in the woodward tumbling demo:
[youtube]paDEk_pWG38[/youtube]

very nice! It's always important to have a little fun while working

Great videos- thanks for sharing. Looks like you had a great time!

It looks like you had a ton of fun!!! Thanks for sharing your videos!!

Nice to see you having a good time. If you search "woodward west gymnastics" on youtube as well, you'll find plenty of videos of each week of camp. A great idea for marketing for them, and also special for each gymnast because there are SO MANY gymnasts featured.

A few of my teammates compete triples from dmt. Yours are pretty impressive (nice rotation speed), but I won't comment too much because I'll get all anal trampolinist detailed on you. But the two most important things:
1) Your arms go up to 12 o'clock, and then they hit a brick wall and they DON'T reach back any further. From there, it's all toes baby.
2) Kick out at the end...

Triples are rather easy skills for trampolinists in the end. There are far more complex skills to try and put together. But after years of singles and doubles, triples is just one more rotation to add to the "up, tuck and spin" lingo. Arms up, lift through the toes, and spot the kickout"

Nice to see you having a good time. If you search "woodward west gymnastics" on youtube as well, you'll find plenty of videos of each week of camp. A great idea for marketing for them, and also special for each gymnast because there are SO MANY gymnasts featured.

A few of my teammates compete triples from dmt. Yours are pretty impressive (nice rotation speed), but I won't comment too much because I'll get all anal trampolinist detailed on you. But the two most important things:
1) Your arms go up to 12 o'clock, and then they hit a brick wall and they DON'T reach back any further. From there, it's all toes baby.
2) Kick out at the end...

Triples are rather easy skills for trampolinists in the end. There are far more complex skills to try and put together. But after years of singles and doubles, triples is just one more rotation to add to the "up, tuck and spin" lingo. Arms up, lift through the toes, and spot the kickout"

Yeah, I knew triples were fairly common skills by trampolinists. I've never actually trained as a trampolinist, and I don't even have a competition trampoline at my home gym. (I've been pulling to try to get them to buy one for awhile, but it's not likely to happen anytime soon)

Keep pulling for it :D Obviously I'm biased as to their importance, but they can help so much with learning gymnastics skills. Yes there are ways around it, but you can get so many more reps in without the pounding (e.g flip tuck). I'd consider it then next most important thing even after making sure you've got vault/beam/bars/floor, 2 crashmats and a springboard/mini tramp.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back