Visa Championships - Results

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hooray! Nastia got a 17.05 on bars!!!! Take that, He Kexin. :D

Nastia FX

[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif][SIZE=-1]FX - 110 Nastia Liukin - front full & front double full - step to side, handspring double front tucked - fall ob, back layout 1 1/2 & rudi - solid, back layout 2 1/2 - small step

[/SIZE][/FONT] 6.100 A
8.450 B
14.250 Total

[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif][SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

I read somewhere she was having back problems and not having good workouts.

Shayla withdrew and will petition to Olympic Trials. With Memmel back on bars and Sloan also posting a high bars score I don't see Shayla having a place on this Olympic team. Bars is the one place they could have used her.

Shayla can make the Olympic team, it's just that the team is so deep and we could have an A or a B team that can will Beijing.

[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif][SIZE=-1]FX - 110 Nastia Liukin - front full & front double full - step to side, handspring double front tucked - fall ob, back layout 1 1/2 & rudi - solid, back layout 2 1/2 - small step

[/SIZE][/FONT] 6.100 A
8.450 B
14.250 Total

[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif][SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

nastia hasn't hit a floor routine in ages.

As a WI mom I would really like to see Chellsie make the team.

thats fine with me as long as Andy is no where near the floor.

Of course lots of gymnasts could make the Olympic team if we had a "B" team. If you don't make the 6 member squad then you don't make it. Period. There are many deserving gymnasts that won't make it. It boils down to what the US need in Team Finals and whether you have that to offer.

Chellsie is planning a higher A score than Shayla and if she hits I don't doubt Chellsie will make the team over Shayla.

It kind of goes to show you - you can be one of the best in country and it still not be enough. That is why they have to love what they are doing or it isn't worth it. If there only goal or dream is the Olympics I can't imagine how devastating it must be to them if they don't make it.

Even is Shayla doesn't make the Olympic team, she'll probably have her pick of college scholarships, if she stays healthy.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back