Parents WA state gym rec

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ORgymmom

Proud Parent
Asking this realizing that it’s more of a 6 month-1 year question rather than an urgent one, since changing gyms isn’t going to happen for a while between closures here in WA state, limited sizes for workout groups, and teams that are at capacity.

I’n looking for a new gym in the Seattle area for my DD for Level 3/Xcel Bronze/developmental team, depending on the gym. I’d love to find a gym that doesn’t have coaches leaving every few months and doesn’t lose all its girls after compulsories. My daughter’s current gym is a workable commute and has been fine for her, but it has made big cuts and I don’t want her to be left without any options. I’m not sure of the reputation of other area gyms these days, but we have my daughter at a very low-key gym now. She’s frustrated with the lack of structure and progression, but she’s also a serious people-pleaser, eager conditioner, and perfectionist, so a less competitive program had seemed like a safer fit for a kid like her.

Also curious how gyms handle girls arriving after school during “normal” times. We live near UW and the hospitals and school ends at 3:00, so gyms more than a few miles away that start workouts before 4:00 would be a stretch now, let alone when traffic fully returns. When I used to nanny for kids who went to two other local gyms ages ago, one would punish them for being late and the other had girls basically handle their own warmups based on when they made it to their gym. I think that with the unpredictability of traffic, Emerald City, Gym East, and Metropolitan would be workable only for older kids.

Any insight into the vibe within team programs in Bothell/Shoreline/closer parts of Everett? Am I missing a secret gym right in the middle of the city (RIP, Falcon Gymnastics)?

Asking this realizing that it’s more of a 6 month-1 year question rather than an urgent one, since changing gyms isn’t going to happen for a while between closures here in WA state, limited sizes for workout groups, and teams that are at capacity.

I’n looking for a new gym in the Seattle area for my DD for Level 3/Xcel Bronze/developmental team, depending on the gym. I’d love to find a gym that doesn’t have coaches leaving every few months and doesn’t lose all its girls after compulsories. My daughter’s current gym is a workable commute and has been fine for her, but it has made big cuts and I don’t want her to be left without any options. I’m not sure of the reputation of other area gyms these days, but we have my daughter at a very low-key gym now. She’s frustrated with the lack of structure and progression, but she’s also a serious people-pleaser, eager conditioner, and perfectionist, so a less competitive program had seemed like a safer fit for a kid like her.

Also curious how gyms handle girls arriving after school during “normal” times. We live near UW and the hospitals and school ends at 3:00, so gyms more than a few miles away that start workouts before 4:00 would be a stretch now, let alone when traffic fully returns. When I used to nanny for kids who went to two other local gyms ages ago, one would punish them for being late and the other had girls basically handle their own warmups based on when they made it to their gym. I think that with the unpredictability of traffic, Emerald City, Gym East, and Metropolitan would be workable only for older kids.

Any insight into the vibe within team programs in Bothell/Shoreline/closer parts of Everett? Am I missing a secret gym right in the middle of the city (RIP, Falcon Gymnastics)?
Cascade elite has a location across the lake from UW, seems like a solid JO program.

Cascade Elite in Mountlake Terrace, Leading Edge in Everett, both have been long established. There are some gyms on the Eastside (Woodinville, Bothell, etc). There is also, as you mentioned Metropolitan closer to the airport. There are lots of gyms, but you are on the I-5 corridor, so traffic will likely be an issue. Falcon (near SPU) might work.

Cascade Elite in Mountlake Terrace, Leading Edge in Everett, both have been long established. There are some gyms on the Eastside (Woodinville, Bothell, etc). There is also, as you mentioned Metropolitan closer to the airport. There are lots of gyms, but you are on the I-5 corridor, so traffic will likely be an issue. Falcon (near SPU) might work.
Falcon gymnastics was a casualty of covid shut downs.

If you are looking for recreational or Excel then Emerald City or Gym East and many places are fine. As near as I can tell their business model philosophies are Rec/Excel first and then also offer JO. Metro is more of focus on JO (both girls and boys) and also do some rec and Excel. They expanded their space recently so they’ll naturally expand rec program enrollment. Cascade Elite might work for you location-wise. SGA locations might work for you but they closed the JO program and those gymnasts got scattered to three or four different gyms.

If your daughter is or gets serious about JO beyond compulsories into optionals or has her sites on collegiate gymnastics then you’ll need to consider Metro, Ascend, or maybe Cascade Elite.

Think about commutes too as over years and levels these turn into three, four, and five days a week.

im located in WA, some gyms ive been to are cascade elite west in mountlake terrace, and coastal realm in everett. Both are great

I coach at Bothell Gymnastics Club in our Xcel program. We are only offering Xcel right now, but I absolutely love the gym environment. If you want to do development, I would go to North shore in Woodinville. That's where we send our kids who want to do development! We have a great relationship with the owners and staff over there.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back