Parents WAG and TNT Meet reports, good lesson learned

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

Mariainlv

So J had her first L3 meet Friday. She had fun and did well. Still pretty sure she doesn't get the whole idea of how the process works but she really had fun competing.

First up was floor, good confidence builder for her since she does well there.

Floor: 9.3 1st
Vault: 9.0 2nd
Bars: 7.6 (that darn Mill circle..:rolleyes:)
Beam: 9.125 1st

35.05 2nd AA

On Sunday she had her first TNT meet. She learned a good lesson. The meet started with trampoline and she did well I think (no clue how the scoring works) She got a 24.0 and 2nd place. On to the tumbling passes. She does her first and get a 9.2 Great score. Back in line to wait for pass 2. She starts, does a wonderful ROBHS, stops and salutes the judges just beaming. The only problem? That pass was supposed to be ROBHS,BHS. She smiled all the way to me and then the tears came. Her coach and I explained to her that no one is perfect and mistakes happen. It took a little while but then she was OK. I told her, you're 7, its OK. Coach told her, no one is going to be upset at you, you always do your best. I think maybe she was just embarrased. We also talked about not getting so upset since mistakes will happen and how we all make mistakes all through life. We also tried to explain we are proud of her no matter what, how she does is for her not us. Her second pass received an 8.5, which gave her 2nd place for tumbling.

Her scores will allow her to mobilize so next meet she will compete L5 for TNT.

So all in all a good weekend. Video to follow.

Sounds like a great weekend, with some wonderful scores, some great fun and a little bit of learning thrown in. Congrats on the mobility score!

She did fantastic for her very first meets. First meets are just to have fun and find out what meets are all about. :) Sounds like a fun weekend!

Let your DD know that everyone makes mistakes. We had our home T&T meet this weekend and my DD13 was planning to qualify elite in tumbling. Her first pass was great. Second pass she did two fulls in a row and lost momentum. Her hopes for this day were shattered in a split second. It took a few minutes to smile again, but she realized there are more meets to qualify and it probably won't be her last mistake.
Tell your DD to have fun. mistakes happen and even big girls aren't perfect:)

sounds to me like she did a great job! also sounds like she has a great coach too!

My dd just had her first meet this weekend too and she forgot her tic toc on herfloor routine!
:)

TY for the kind words. Yesterday I sat down with J and talked to her about how mistakes happen and its not healthy to be so tied up in knots over it. I think she is doing better.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back