WAG Compulsory 2013 materials

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

twisting007bigflip

Coach
Proud Parent
I did a google search, searched on here, looked on the usag site...can't find it - I'm sure it's out there, I just can't see it.

WHEN WILL THE USA GYMNASTICS WOMENS JO COMPULSORY ROUTINES FOR 2013 BE RELEASED FOR PURCHASE? And, IS THERE A FINAL DRAFT OF MAJOR ELEMENTS FOR THESE ROUTINES POSTED ANYWHERE??? I am going insane trying to find the dates. I have found the men's program has been released, but not the womens?? I'd like for my girls to be prepared when we compete. I've got a new group of "up and coming" level 4 kids who have never competed before and are fresh out of the preteam program (so they haven't learned routines). I just don't know if I can justify that their time will be best spent learning current compulsory routines if the new ones will be released in the spring...:confused::confused::confused::confused:

I am going insane trying to get answers.

The official book will be available for purchase by April 1, 2013. This information was from the technical committee meeting minutes. They did used to have a list of skills to be in the routines. It was on their website but I am not sure what happened to the link. I have also heard it mentioned that the list of skills was in the technique magazine but I could not find it.

I found this in an old post:
http://usagym.org/PDFs/Women/Junior Olympics/2013-2020Finalelementlist-March2011.pdf

Last edited:
Gymnasts will compete the current compulsory routines for the entire 2012-2013 season. The new routines will start during the fall 2013 season.

The official book will be available for purchase by April 1, 2013. This information was from the technical committee meeting minutes. They did used to have a list of skills to be in the routines. It was on their website but I am not sure what happened to the link. I have also heard it mentioned that the list of skills was in the technique magazine but I could not find it.

I found this in an old post:
:: USA Gymnastics :: Home Page :: Olympics/2013-2020Finalelementlist-March2011.pdf

you know Tom Koll? don't hold your breath for 4/1/13...:)

For those of you who experienced the other cycles of routine changes (as a parent, gymnast or coach), was it a pretty smooth transition? Was the time frame the same for releasing information and teaching routines?

My dd is the same situation as described by the OP.

All athletes will have an entire Summer (NEXT summer) to learn the new routines just like they have all summer now to learn routines for the Fall competitive season. The changing of the compulsory routines is, dare I say it, routine; it might be viewed this time around to be complicated by the redefining of the levels, but this has happened before and it will happen again. All compulsory routines for the upcoming competitive season are the same as they were for this past season.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back