WAG trials day one USAG quick hits

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

geez that Shawn is so consistent... they should have at least had her go last for SOME suspense. Hope Chels M. looking strong for 3rd.

Alicia brought it again on Vt - think the US may really need that for Beijing :D

Definitely !! I was hoping she would. I cant believe Shawn beat her vault though. :crazy: <--------------ETA That smiley doesnt look crazy it looks sick or grossed out :D

Last edited:
Guest just left, but hey it was fun while it lasted. Nice to have some other gym crazy moms to chat with, thanks for the company.

Remember to watch the recorded WAG tomorrow night. It'll be good to match the scores to the descriptions.

Bog

Hi there,
I was there in Philly tonight, and Nastia's dismount on bars was much like the dismount she did at the Visa Championships where she almost went down on her knees. From where I was sitting ( opposite side of the arena, but not that high up), it did look like her knees touched the mat, but I guess not. I meant to watch the replay, but got absorbed into something else.

Alicia's vault was stunning. Really amazing. Shawn was amazing too; she's such a pixie and so strong.

Nastia's artistry is amazing! She's so beautiful to watch!

What a come back for Chellsie Memmel; I had pretty much written her off, but I'm so glad to see her looking so solid.

Bummer that Darling didn't do as well as I know she is capable of, but we're super proud of her for being there (she's from our gym). It was so awesome to see her out there! She's such an ispiration to the girls at our gym.

wow, how exciting! i got a DVR just in time to be able to record them tomorrow and sunday. it should be fun to watch.

'nasticsmom, thanks for your report. Reading quick hits is just not like seeing it live.

I too wish Darling had been in better shape, she has had a huge year and has dealt with a lot personally. I think even if she doesn't make the O team, she has much to be proud of, making it this far is nothing to frown about. All the girls at trials are amazing.

Yeah that Nastia bar dismount has to go, it's ugly and she's going to hurt herself continuously landing like that.

Are you going back for the finals on Sunday?

'nasticsmom, thanks for your report. Reading quick hits is just not like seeing it live.

I too wish Darling had been in better shape, she has had a huge year and has dealt with a lot personally. I think even if she doesn't make the O team, she has much to be proud of, making it this far is nothing to frown about. All the girls at trials are amazing.

Yeah that Nastia bar dismount has to go, it's ugly and she's going to hurt herself continuously landing like that.

Are you going back for the finals on Sunday?

I have had conversations with Dar letting her know exactly that. While I do believe she is totally capable of being on the Olympic team, regardless of what happens or doesn't happen this weekend, she is amazing and has so much to be proud of. Her story is inspiring and I'm so proud of her for getting to where she is. She has had a tough year, and hasn't had the easiest life, but she has worked hard, that's for sure. It was SO cool seeing her (and our coach, Kim) out there.

Yes, I bought two day packs of tickets for myself and my oldest dd (who is a gymnast at Will-moor). The funny thing is that at the end of the night, I went down closer to the floor and a very nice man and his son offered us his tickets for Sunday. His seats were dead center and pretty darn low (17 rows up from the floor), but we're going with friends on Sunday, so I couldn't switch and take those. I did, however, tell him that I would easily find someone from our gym who would love to have them, and I already gave them to a fellow gym teacher from Will-moor with her dd who did not have tickets for Sunday.( I also teach classes, btw.) She and her dd sat up in the top section (pretty high up), so these seats are amazing for them. I thought it was so nice that this guy gave us his tickets. I think he bought a four day pack and mostly came to watch the men with his son, and they're leaving out of town early Sunday. There were a ton of people trying to sell their Sunday seats (again, I bet they bought four day packs), so it was so nice of this guy to give away these seats.

Not sure what is up with Nastia's dismount, but her bars are simply amazing.

Some of you lucky ones at trials need to hold up Hi CB signs!!! Then those of us left at home won't feel quite so left out:)

To me(not a coach at all), it seems Nastia just runs out of gas at the end of that bar routine which must be the longest in the history of gymnastics. Maybe they need to take a few seconds out and let her get a real good deep breath for that dismount.

Set the Tivo for the guys and the girls today. Have to go the airport to pick up my gymmie coming back from Lake Owen. Geez, if the girls were not recorded, she's probably sulk for a week or so!

Some of you lucky ones at trials need to hold up Hi CB signs!!! Then those of us left at home won't feel quite so left out:)

To me(not a coach at all), it seems Nastia just runs out of gas at the end of that bar routine which must be the longest in the history of gymnastics. Maybe they need to take a few seconds out and let her get a real good deep breath for that dismount.

Set the Tivo for the guys and the girls today. Have to go the airport to pick up my gymmie coming back from Lake Owen. Geez, if the girls were not recorded, she's probably sulk for a week or so!

We were holding posters for dd's team-mate, Darling Hill. :)

The signs would be great, ha ha! It would still be fantastic to se in person - I can't even imagine... I agree about Nastia, the dismount looks awesome when she pulls it off, but she does seem drained at that point - it needs to go.

How was camp??? Lake Owen looks like FUN!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back