WAG Walking in front of the judges

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

curlygirls

Proud Parent
I had a friend tell me this weekend that a gymnast received a deduction for exiting an event the wrong way and walking in front of the judges' table. Is this actually a deduction? If so, how much?

Never heard of this. Most of the time the judges are busy calculating the score immediately after the gymnast salutes, so I can't imagine that it would matter what the gymnast does after she salutes.

Never heard of that before and dd has been competing for 6 years nor have I heard the judges that I sit with at the meets gym hosts talk about where the gymnast went after they salute. However if you take a step before you salute I think that is a deduction.

That's not true. Maybe the person overheard something wrong? You obviously should walk in front of the judges while they're judging a routine.

The kids do it once in awhile in the compulsory levels when they get a ribbon after (while the next girl goes) and the person giving the ribbons doesn't stop them from running back as soon as they get it.

But the judges aren't going to go through the score cards and the electronic system and change a score over it.

People make up these kind of things all of the time. I'm always hearing stuff like that and some of it comes from the coaches themselves.

My level 3 DD did this today! Used the restroom before floor routine and then when coming back to her team she walked in front of judges table while another gymnast was performing! I was horrified! Curious if this would be a deduction, but regardless, she now knows this is a big NO NO!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back