Parents Washing GK leo....need advice!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

SplitLeap

Proud Parent
DD’s team switched Leo’s this year from Alpha Factor to GK. Not only was it twice as expensive, but the gemstones are falling off like crazy! I am a hand washer, usually just the armpit and crotch areas with a tiny bit of soap. I am trying to be super gentle, but I feel like any time a gemstone gets submerged in water, it gets loose and falls off. The AlphaF leotard had plenty of gems also and I never noticed any fall off.
So my questions are, first off, is this normal? And secondly if anyone has any pro tips for washing these darned competition leos?

Not normal...I’ve washed multiple versions of GK competition leotards in the washing machine and never once had a stone fall off. It seems like your stones weren’t put on correctly. I would ask your gym to speak to GK about it.
Oh really? Ok thank you! I feel like the company should know what they’re doing by now! I’ll speak to someone at the gym about it. Thanks!

Just to help a bit. I found a great deodorant that also comes as a cream in a tube and is advertised to be used everywhere ( Really everywhere). It might mean that you need to wash the leo less often. I do not represent any company, I’m not selling anything. I live in Texas and I’m shocked that after a busy work day I and my clothes do not smell. It’s called lume. Again, I don’t sell it, I just use it and I’m shocked that it works as advertised.

One girl on my daughter's team had the same problem with her team leo. She had so many missing gems by the end of the season and the company replaced it, no charge. It was just defective. No one else had it happen and the girl has a sister in the sport so it wasn't due to how the parent was washing it.

We cold water handwash no problems with stones.

JMO I find the quality of GK lately kind of s*cks

My dd is on her 5th GK comp leo and she has never lost a single stone. I hand wash them in cold after every meet, squeeze them in a towel and hang them to dry. I agree with the other posters that your dd's leo must be defective.

I hope GK will do something to make it right. It's interesting to me that we have owned several secondhand competition leotards that my child wears to practice - over 5 years old - and they're not missing a single stone despite being machine washed regularly. My daughter's competition leotard from last year started losing stones like crazy the minute she started wearing it to practice. I swear over a third of them are already gone. The quality is definitely not the same.

Thanks
Just to help a bit. I found a great deodorant that also comes as a cream in a tube and is advertised to be used everywhere ( Really everywhere). It might mean that you need to wash the leo less often. I do not represent any company, I’m not selling anything. I live in Texas and I’m shocked that after a busy work day I and my clothes do not smell. It’s called lume. Again, I don’t sell it, I just use it and I’m shocked that it works as advertised.
Thanks, I’ll have to check that out!

I hand wash mine in cold water and hang dry and haven’t lost a stone yet. I would definitely contact GK and see if they are willing to do anything about it:

We’ve had issues in the past with gk leos and our gym has sent them back to get gemstones replaced. They shouldn’t fall off that easily. Good luck

Thanks everyone for your responses! I was just reading another thread about spraying vodka on the stinky pits so maybe I’ll just skip washing altogether lol

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back