WAG Washing leos

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I read some of the other threads on this, and most said they either hand wash or wash in the laundry, separately from other clothes.
I can't do the laundry option cuz there are too few leos for that so..

What do you use for hand washing? Any specific soaps/detergents/washing liquids?

Are you talking about practice or competition leos? For practice leos (the regular kind, no sequins) I wash them with other athletic clothes and/or t-shirts and leggings of a similar color, and it doesn't seem to damage them. Don't do this with shiny or sequined fabric though! And I don't think there is really a specific soap or detergent, just use whatever you have, but make sure to check if it is alright to use on leotards...

For practice leos (the regular kind, no sequins) I wash them with other athletic clothes and/or t-shirts and leggings of a similar color, and it doesn't seem to damage them.
Do you wash them in the laundry?
Don't do this with shiny or sequined fabric though!
What do you do for competition leos?
And I don't think there is really a specific soap or detergent, just use whatever you have, but make sure to check if it is alright to use on leotards...
Alright thanks, I'll check that...

For any practice leos I just wash them with a normal load of laundry and hang to dry. Comp leos I'd say hand wash every few meets/as needed (especially if you need to keep the same leo for multiple seasons.

Wash normally, hang dry most of the time, except Sylvia P go in the dryer because that’s what they told me to do once when I emailed them about a color run issue. lol

For any practice leos I just wash them with a normal load of laundry and hang to dry. Comp leos I'd say hand wash every few meets/as needed (especially if you need to keep the same leo for multiple seasons.
Does normal laundry settings work for leos? Thought they need special settings like gentle or hand wash?
Also what do you use to hand wash?

With practice leotards, I wash in the washer and dry in the dryer... I do it with regular laundry. Perhaps I would care more if she wasn't growing out of them every 6-9 months. With her comp leotard, I hand wash with a tiny bit of regular detergent and lay to dry for the first day and then hang.

I use the gentle cycle of the washing machine for practice leos and wash them with other athletic wear like sports bras and leggings. Sometimes I'll throw in extra stuff like a sweatshirt or pjs with them but I like them to have a lot of room to move around. None of the leos have sequins or crystals. I just use normal detergent but no fabric softener. Then I hang them to dry.
I always hand wash the competition leo with a little normal detergent. I put cool water in a plastic kitchen dishpan, add a little detergent then put the leo in it and wash it. I don't let it soak because I'm afraid of the crystals falling off. I rinse it then gently squeeze out the excess water and then put the leo in a towel and squeeze it to absorb more. Then hang it to dry.

With practice leotards, I wash in the washer and dry in the dryer... I do it with regular laundry. Perhaps I would care more if she wasn't growing out of them every 6-9 months. With her comp leotard, I hand wash with a tiny bit of regular detergent and lay to dry for the first day and then hang.
Thank you!

For practice leos: I wash them in our front load washing machine inside out on delicate. If there is something on the leo like crystals or sequins I also put it inside a mesh laundry bag. I usually wash on warm with defunkify detergent and hang to dry. I also throw any other activewear in the load with it - shorts, capris, other family members’ stuff - as long as it’s not too bulky. I don’t want anything that gets really heavy when wet abusing the leos as they tumble in the drum.

For comp leos I wash alone and on cold.

I hand-wash only after ruining a decent leo in the washer. Takes 10 minutes max, so it doesn't bother me. I use laundry liquid for wool/delicates and rinse at least twice. Since the water from the tap is really cold, I add some warm water

Sorry by wash normally I mean they just get thrown in with all our other clothes. If they have a lot of sparkles I’ll sometimes turn them inside out, but only if I notice or remember.

I should have added that this is how I wash leos and shorts/tights for girls that are older and have a bit of funk when they sweat through a workout. If I were washing leos for a little girl, I would just use cold water and detergent and be done.

I throw practice Leo’s in with the normal clothes in the wash. I hand wash the competition Leo’s in Woolite and cold water. Air dry all Leo’s.

Here is an old thread about washing leotards as well...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back