Ways to get into a front flyaway?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hello!

I can do a front flyaway, but I was wondering what are some of the ways you can get into it. I know you can do a front giant into it, but are there any other ways?

Do you mean swinging under the bar and front salting like a standard flyaway (not sure if thats even possible), or behind the bar and front salting like in this video:

YouTube - Shannnon's Front flyaway

Im assuming it would be like in the video is how you are doing them now maybe? I dont think there would be any other ways other than giants leading into them and cast - off swing into them.

I have been practicing the front flyaways like the one in the video, but I'm wondering if I'm able to do that in competition..? Maybe if I did a cast handstand, pirroute[sp] down to a tapswing like done in the video, then immediate into front flyaway, but again I'm not sure whats allowed.

The most common ways do a true front flyaway is have a front giant before it- and the most common ways to get into the front grip are with a blind change or a hop to front grip. You could also cast to hs @ change your grip- but I'm think this would incurr a deduction (uncharasteristic element?) of some sort.

Hi, Just watched the video- you could do it like that, but each extra swing is .30. It would also incurr some rhythm and dynamic deducions as to do all those extra swings would break the flow of the routine.

I guess you could also do a healy type drop........

back giant, baby giant to undershoot, swing backwards into an inward (front flyaway).

kip in mixed grip to cast handstand, change grip to undergrip and go over into a front flyaway.

I don't know the girls code of points, so I don't know if you would be counted off for any of those. In boys you could do a mixed grip kip and when you did your cast to handstand you could change your hand and go into a front giant without a deduction.

back giant, baby giant to undershoot, swing backwards into an inward (front flyaway).

kip in mixed grip to cast handstand, change grip to undergrip and go over into a front flyaway.

I don't know the girls code of points, so I don't know if you would be counted off for any of those. In boys you could do a mixed grip kip and when you did your cast to handstand you could change your hand and go into a front giant without a deduction.

Girls don't kip in mixed grip. We don't start holding on in a long swing ;)

Hello!

I can do a front flyaway, but I was wondering what are some of the ways you can get into it. I know you can do a front giant into it, but are there any other ways?

thankyouthankyouthankyou SO much for starting this topic.

I've been wondering this myself, because I'm TERRIFIED of doing back flyaways, but I have no problems doing them forwards. And I don't have a giant... so my coach and I have been scheming up ways to put it in my routine. The backhip idea may actually work... I'll have to suggest it! :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back