We got to meet Shawn Johnson!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What an experience! Somehow our gym was chosen to do a media event for Oroweat Bread with Aaron Piersol and Shawn Johnson. There was also a swim team there, about 30 kids total. They had a short question and answer session and then we got autographs and pictures taken.

None of our girls asked questions. I hope Shawn wasn't feeling too left out. I think our girls were really shy and just in awe of her. It was too cute!!

Shawn was so patient with all of the girls and their picture requests. The poor thing looked really tired!!

She did mention the tour schedule that they have had for the Superstar Show. These poor gymnasts do a show, then get on a bus and sleep until 3 am on the bus when they finally get to their next destination. Then they get to sleep in a hotel until around noon, get up and work on their performances and the cycle starts all over again. Good thing she is young!!

An experience of a lifetime for our girls!! What a day!!

wow that's awesome you got to meet her!
and holy her schedule sounds so crazy. I would hate having to sleep on the bus then go to a hotel in the middle of the night. Especially after such a jam packed day. But I'm sure they're having fun anyways.

thanks for sharing XD

I'm sure Shawn is super tired. On top of the tour she and Nastia are doing extra promotional events, even on their "off days".

I have to admit, I don't feel sorry for her. She is being paid very well, clearly having fun and working with her best friends. I want that job! The tour is over in three weeks and she can take some extra time off then while she decides what to do next.

I'm sure Shawn is super tired. On top of the tour she and Nastia are doing extra promotional events, even on their "off days".

I have to admit, I don't feel sorry for her. She is being paid very well, clearly having fun and working with her best friends. I want that job! The tour is over in three weeks and she can take some extra time off then while she decides what to do next.

She said she will go back to training and start back to school in January.

that is so cool!!!! we were lucky enough to do something somewhat like that when I was about 7 years old i think, i cant remember what the year was but Tasha and Jordan Swikert (sorry I don't know how to spell their name) came to our gym and tumbled for us!! Jordan couldnt because her back was hurt but Tasha did some super cool things! the next day we had a recital and they came to our gym and signed autographs and stuff, it was super cool! our coaches surprised us!! it was cool!

awesome that your dd could experience that!!!!!

You guys are all sooo lucky!!
I will probably never meet Shawn or Nastia coz, well we live in Australia!:eek:

We got to do the same thing with Nastia Luiken. It was quite funny, my coach called a secret meeting in the middle of school (& the 2 highschools here practice together) at a place that wasn't either school. We thought we were gonna get SCREAMED at... but then Nastia walked in. It was fabulous.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back