Parents WE moved to SW Iowa fyi....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Well my divorce was all done behind my back and it is ugly.
Anyway, I moved away from the controlling abusive man that he is and now live with my soon to be fiancee. The girls and I are going to Premier Gymnastics in Omaha, NE for the past 3 weeks. They are loving it but it is an adjustment for everyone. Right now, we live in Stanton, IA about 1 hr and 15 min away from Premier but we are moving into a new house on Aug 1st in Council Bluffs, Ia so only about 20 min from the gym then. The commute is stressful and long and the girls of course have opposite days so I am there everyday. Emily is training level 6 but of course still afraid of her back walkover on beam and they compete a fall compulsory season(state meet in Dec) so we are behind in general with training due to Kansas having a winter compulsory season. She does the flyaway drills really well and almost doing the flyaway into the pit by herself.
She did get her front handspring front tucks and front pikes though on floor and they are gorgeous. They are higher than her regular punch fronts. I love watching her do them. She is also doing double fronts into the pit off the tumble track too.
Still having some issues with back tumbling but only when they start drilling her about getting her feet together in her roundoff on the landing does the connection issue seem to happen. It is really weird.
Vault is still going awesome.
Oh by the way, she got the Best Vaulter Award from her Old gym at the annual banquet and a really nice trophy for it:)
Madison is training level 4 and has lots of little things to work on. She has her front hip but inconsistently. Everything else she has. She also has her round off bhsbhs too. and unlike her sister on beam... she can do her back walkover and cartwheel on the beam. However... leaps need major major work. She is really struggling with the feet in the split leap, leg kick hop jump combo in the level 4 routine.
I am really interested in hearing the new music for the routines.
Okay that is our long and new update:)

The new music and video is up on the USAG site here is the link :: USA Gymnastics :: Women's Artistic Gymnastics, not a huge improvement if you ask me, but them I am not used to compulsories!

So glad that the new life is working out well for you and just think how great that gym commute will be when you move to the new house. Are the girls in school yet, or are they finished until September? Hopefully you will all make some neww friends and adapt quickly. I am sure the new atmosphere at home will really benefit them.

Great on the vault award for Emily, she really kicked it up a level last season. That BWO will come, but for some kids those backward skills take a while longer, mine is working on it too, some days good, some days not so much.

It'll be interesting competing in a different State before winter, do they compete in spring too, or are they doing their optional season then?

Lovely to hear from you, hopefully when life settles down you can stop by the Chalkbucket more often.

Bog

Melissa,

First - let me compliment you on the strength and courage it takes to get out of an abusive relationship. Your daughters should be proud of such an amazing mom.

Second - How do you like IA? My husband is from a town about an hour and 20 minutes north of where you are. His Aunt lives in Council Bluff's and loves it.

Good luck to both girls and their uptraining I think they are going to do just fine.

Great to hear from you!

Glad to hear that things are going well for you and your family! Nice that the girls are at a gym that they like and are progressing. I know Emily will be fine. Maybe back tumbling isn't her thing. Eventually when she gets to optionals she can cater her routines to skills that are easier for her or maybe by then she will have worked through them! :) Glad that Madi is doing so well, too!

The new music is yucky, in my opinion. Not sure what Abby's gym is using yet. Hoping for the old music. But she will use whatever they tell her to. :)

Can't wait to see them next season. I know they will do great!!

Good Luck to you and your girls on all your new endeavors! Lucky you being at Tom Kolls gym. I am sure the BW and everything else will come

The new music and video is up on the USAG site here is the link :: USA Gymnastics :: Women's Artistic Gymnastics, not a huge improvement if you ask me, but them I am not used to compulsories!
Bog

Oh gosh There are some changes. Does everyone now have to do the new routines with the new music or will the old routine be still allowed?

I think the music is boring and would put me to sleep if I had to hear it over and over again!!! they go from one extreme to another don't they? The "old" music reminded me of stripper music and this "new" stuff is just too classic I think.

It will be interesting to see what happens over the season. I hope they will still be able to do the old music and old routines still because if our L7 girls don't have their skills for Sept they will be doing L6 for that fall season.

Well my divorce was all done behind my back and it is ugly.
Anyway, I moved away from the controlling abusive man that he is and now live with my soon to be fiancee. The girls and I are going to Premier Gymnastics in Omaha, NE for the past 3 weeks. They are loving it but it is an adjustment for everyone. Right now, we live in Stanton, IA about 1 hr and 15 min away from Premier but we are moving into a new house on Aug 1st in Council Bluffs, Ia so only about 20 min from the gym then. The commute is stressful and long and the girls of course have opposite days so I am there everyday. Emily is training level 6 but of course still afraid of her back walkover on beam and they compete a fall compulsory season(state meet in Dec) so we are behind in general with training due to Kansas having a winter compulsory season. She does the flyaway drills really well and almost doing the flyaway into the pit by herself.
She did get her front handspring front tucks and front pikes though on floor and they are gorgeous. They are higher than her regular punch fronts. I love watching her do them. She is also doing double fronts into the pit off the tumble track too.
Still having some issues with back tumbling but only when they start drilling her about getting her feet together in her roundoff on the landing does the connection issue seem to happen. It is really weird.
Vault is still going awesome.
Oh by the way, she got the Best Vaulter Award from her Old gym at the annual banquet and a really nice trophy for it:)
Madison is training level 4 and has lots of little things to work on. She has her front hip but inconsistently. Everything else she has. She also has her round off bhsbhs too. and unlike her sister on beam... she can do her back walkover and cartwheel on the beam. However... leaps need major major work. She is really struggling with the feet in the split leap, leg kick hop jump combo in the level 4 routine.
I am really interested in hearing the new music for the routines.
Okay that is our long and new update:)

Divorce is never good but it Sounds like things are doing better I hope you and the girls continue to do so.

Oh gosh There are some changes. Does everyone now have to do the new routines with the new music or will the old routine be still allowed?

Both sets of music will be allowed. It will be interesting to see which set is adopted.

Interesting that Mel is at Tom Kolls club as he is the manbehind the routines (I think), I can't wait to see what routines their gym chooses, or will they give each girl the choice.

I can't say that I like the music, but then the old stuff irritates me and I have never been to a USAG meet, I am spoilt with our music choices.

By the way Mel, I too spent all year driving to the gym six days a week, ick and on Saturdays we drove three times, double ick! I am hoping next year to have them on the same days as I will not have DS home to babysit in the days DH is in the city. We shall see, but I do feel your pain and your gas bill.

Thank you everyone...
We love Tom... He is an amazing Coach. The girls really seem to love him too.
Mike is a great coach too. I love this gym too. It is very very nice and air conditioned:) First time my girls have had an air conditioned gym in their careers for the summer.

Sounds like the move is going well and the girls are adjusting.I know it can be hard to start over abusive realtionships are defitnly not good for the kids .Luckily I got away from mine when my dd was only 2 and she does not remember her sperm donor and he finally moved away over 1100 miles .Sounds like the girls have some catching up to do with the changes in seasons ,but I am sure they will do fine.Our hc just informed us that they will be using the new music also.
Wishing you guys the best

I think the music is boring and would put me to sleep if I had to hear it over and over again!!! they go from one extreme to another don't they? The "old" music reminded me of stripper music and this "new" stuff is just too classic I think.

It will be interesting to see what happens over the season. I hope they will still be able to do the old music and old routines still because if our L7 girls don't have their skills for Sept they will be doing L6 for that fall season.

That music is awful! Too boring, IMHO. The compulsaries are bad enough. They didn't need to make the music even harder to listen to! I read on the USAG website that the routine will stay the same but it's up to the individual gym which music they want to use. Man, I hope ours keeps the existing music. :eek:

Sorry about that ugly divorce.Time for a new beginning.I'm glad you got away from that man.Sounds like the girls are doing really well.

Well glad to hear things are going well. I'm not on here to much but I just thought I would give you a shout out. We went to the university of Nebraska's gymnastics camp last summer and got to meet some of the Premiere gymnasts they were great. But so was everyone at camp. Anywho the girls are getting ready to go this year for the 3 day camp next weekend. It was just nice to hear a gym name I knew of. I don't get that alot all the way out here in Kansas.

Glad to hear that the move is going very well. Sounds like it was a very positive thing and I'm so glad that you have found the courage to escape an abusive relationship. You are a wonderful role model to your girls! Good luck starting fresh

Mr Tom did a camp in Huntsville, AL that my dd attended 2 weeks ago. He is awesome. I was impressed that as we were leaving the first day of camp, he called my dd by name and told her bye. He came upstairs where the parents were a few times and answered questions that the parents had. It was great to have that wealth of knowledge standing in front of you. To those who attend his gym, you are lucky to have Mr Tom, the man who choreographed the routines and music, and set the judges deductions, to work with your children all the time.

Got off topic a little, but had to make that comment. Good luck with the new gym. I know your dd's will do great.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back