WAG Wear pink on Friday in the gym - link below

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

This little girl goes to a gym near our gym, we are all completely heartbroken over this. We will all be wearing pink tomorrow. Really bummed that our gym doesn't have practice tomorrow, would love to get a huge group shot of our team girls all wearing pink in support of Maddison and her family!!

So very sad. Our optional girls would love to send her a pic tomorrow. Where would you post it to? I just saw a hash tag in the article, no place to post.

This little girl goes to a gym near our gym, we are all completely heartbroken over this. We will all be wearing pink tomorrow. Really bummed that our gym doesn't have practice tomorrow, would love to get a huge group shot of our team girls all wearing pink in support of Maddison and her family!!
That's a great idea -- maybe you could do it on Saturday?

This is such a nice idea. I'm trying to figure out what to tell my almost 8 year old dd is the reason she's going to wear her pink leo tomorrow. Any ideas what to say?

This is such a nice idea. I'm trying to figure out what to tell my almost 8 year old dd is the reason she's going to wear her pink leo tomorrow. Any ideas what to say?

I told my girls (ages 8 & 10) the reason. But, I am a nurse, so we talk about illnesses on a regular basis. They were very saddened but want to show their support.

I have told my child about stuff like this when she was 7. But everyones relation ship with their kids is different. But i do think kids need to know about this stuff early, yet understand it doesn't mean they can catch it from the person, or that they will get it themselves.

we talk openly about sickness and dying at our house and have for a few years. my 3 are 12, 10 and 7. we had a local coach die of cancer in the last couple of years and our gym hosted a fund raiser to help her when she was dealing with hospital and bills. the girls knew. i think it's important for kids to know that there are other kids out there dealing with some bad illnesses. the sooner they see the suffering in life, the quicker they can learn compassion.

I didn't mean to hijack the thread. Thanks for the ideas. I like the idea of being honest but vague.

I'm really not sure what the best way is to share pics of all the gymnasts wearing pink. I'm planning on sharing my DDs photo on Facebook as well as chalk warrior with the following hashtags #TeamMaddison #PinkForMaddison #May26 #StandUpToCancer #chalkwarrior #gymnastics

I told my daughter we were supporting a gymnast who was sick...she asked me what her temperature was :( broke my heart --said no honey she has cancer like your Amma did (her grandmother died this year from cancer) she then asked if the girl would get better and I just said that's what we will pray for.

Was about to posts a thread about this. Very sad story. The girl (Maddison Mertz) has very expensive treatment, and her family has a GoFundMe if you're interested. They've got $185 000 so far, and incredibly, that still doesn't cover everything.

I hope Maddison gets the miracle she needs.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back