Weekly accomplishements

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

This week I accomplished nothing at practice because I didn't go! Monday I had two insane tests to study for, and last night I went to a movie.

Next week...I really want to work on cleaning up my bars routine.

Lets see, since saturday, i got my front fulls back on floor (they ran way recently and i finally caught them :p) And i stood up my tsuk for the first time ever :D and i have been doing layout stepouts by my self on the medium beam. Next week... bars... haven't thought about it yet. :)

This week I had my first meet which I did okay at... Next week I want to clean up all my routines and I hope to get my tsuk in time for my next meet! (Thrusday!)

today i stuck a bunch of double pikes!!
got my bar routine pretty good.

next week..
good routines, and lots of vault

my last practice before the holidays i got my kip back! yay
i lost it at the beginning of the year and was having a lot of trouble doing the straddle ones, so i decided i would try piked kips and voila! yay

after the holidays im going to work on long kips and connecting my kip into my bar routine.

THis morning:

I landed (on a mat in a pit) a new vault which has NEVER BEEN DONE before. Ever. By anybody (at least to my knowledge). It isn't in the code, and there are no rules barring it.

My goal is to get it on a competition landing surface in time to compete it in January.

Update: I threw it outside of a pit, on a competition landing surface.

I slightly underrotated and landed on my butt, but I did it.

This week i did a lot!

I stood up 5 2/1 twists on competition floor
made around a 2 1/2 twist off the fast trak for the first time ( hopefully starting 3/1 off the fast trak soon!!!! yay!)
double pikes off the tramp onto a sting mat for the first time
I started pike tsuks on vault
I got my leg straiter in my giants on bars ( my coach says i look like one of thows girls in the old movies where there kissing a boy and they have their leg bent lol)
and i saw my hands in backsprings on beam (finaly!!!).

As for next week i hope to flip pike tsuks on the real vault, and get my leg completely strait on bars!!!

Kip kip kip!!

i did my kip for the first time tuesday!! im so excited!! :) YAYY!!

It may not be much, but I am only about 5 weeks in, I held a handstand for about 5 seconds, did a cartwheel on the beam ( only managed one staying on, but hey, it was one!), and dive rolls.

This week I did my flyaway from my giants which for an unknown reason is extremely scary to me. I got my full nicely onto a mat on floor, I did my shootover on bars for the first time and got to play around with front tucks on beam. Next week I need to get ready for competition :(

last week I did some clear hips on the high bar (no, don't feel comfy up there at all) und toe shoots (tho I did not quite make the kip). Also I'm working on round offs on the beam.

Tomorrow I'm not sure about... might focus on bars again. We're doing this fun competition in january (random teams, only 2 events per gymnast) and I'm doing bars and vault. since it doesn't count for anything I just wanna play around with stuff I wouldnt normally compete (yet and also the rules don't really reward stuff like that).
I'm annoyed. All I'd NEED is kip-fwd hip circle - back hip circle- squat- kip - hip circle - straddle undershoot with a half provided one of the casts is above 90°. Anything else isn't really worth competing. But for the next level up you need a change of direction thats not the mount or dismount, circling element to handstand, flight element, 10 elements instead of 8, B dismount.... so basically, it's a huge step.

okay, sorry for the rant:D

:cloud9:I crossed some major mental blocks tonight, and got my Free Roll on Beam, Switch Split Leap on Floor, and (YEAH!)Back Hip Circle on Bars! My b-h circle has been given me a lot trouble in the past couple months, haven't been able to get it at all lately, so being able to get it THREE times tonight was a real leap and bound!:cloud9:

I mae the kip out of my toe shoot today. twice. For the first time in a whole year (and back then I only made it twice, too...so maybe it was luck, I just hope I dont have to wait another year).
It was kinda surprising though because I hadn't worked them in forever.

I finally got over vault (I was pushed, but still), and started toe shoots on bars ^__^ Those will take a while...

I am now pretty consistently getting my cartwheels on beam, got over my fear of falling on my face in handstands, and now can get vertical 99% of the time. Still can't do a pull over on my own, my coach gave me some wicked hard ab exercises to work on at home. And I did my first front tuck. Albeit, on the tumble track, but still...:p

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back